Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I just became aware of my front driver side outer tie rod needs to be replaced. I was wondering if anybody has done this or has a detailed guide on a 2011 sonata SE 2.4l

Thanks,

Talk2montu

·
Registered
746 Posts
PM me an email address, I have the downloaded repair manuals from before they changed HMAservice into a pay to use service. The complete set is 200MB, The part covering steering is just under 700 KB

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Nothing to it..

Remove nut at knuckle, whack knuckle where stud fit in, it'll drop loose.

Unscrew end from inner tie rod (loosen lock nut first)

Assemble in reverse order, then head straight to align shop for 4 wheel align..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing to it..

Remove nut at knuckle, whack knuckle where stud fit in, it'll drop loose.

Unscrew end from inner tie rod (loosen lock nut first)

Assemble in reverse order, then head straight to align shop for 4 wheel align..
you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of this process? Would a rubber mallet work?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hyundaitechinfo.com actually has no R&R procedure for this, only torque specs. its literally just that simple as what SBR mentioned.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
I would suggest counting and marking the threads exposed on old tie rods BEFORE you start disassembling things. Then, when putting the new one on, tighten down to the mark and reassemble into the spindle. Duct tape works well for this.

No it will not save you from having to get an alignment, but it will make it a bit easier to drive to the shop.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Trying to email 200MB of pdf to multiple members would take a long time, I am working on seeing if GoogleDrive will work. I am uploading the files and when it is done I will let you all know and share the link to the folder.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Here is the link. the smaller files are in but the bigger ones are crawling their way in. I might have to leave my PC on till next week to get it all in. Let me know that you were able to get in and see the files. I used 7-zip to compress them to speed it up a little.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Dd1Vpelx4AX1ltd0trX3NzMVE/edit?usp=sharing

Update, sharing is easy but I have to find out how to share all and not one at a time. working on it still. Let me know if this link is better.
https://drive.google.com/?tab=no&authuser=0#my-drive

·
Registered
746 Posts
Was faster than email, Uploaded and ready. Only downside is you have to take a small learning curve with GoogleDrive to view it. Single or double clicking the file does not open it, just expands the view of the image. Click on it and then at the bottom of the page is a blue box that says open. then it shows the zip file and then double click it to open the manual. Best I can do with limited knowledge of cloud base storage tools.

·
Registered
746 Posts
What I didn't mention is that the PDFs cover the YF sonata only. Other models are not in it, Now I have a Geni and no access to information unless I get a Haynes manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts