Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been noticing some ticking noise from the area around the serpentine belt and timing belt area. It's difficult to know exactly where it is coming from but definitely around that area. The truck is running fine but I am just concern that something is about to happen. Also if this might help, I have been noticing at the same time a whining noise at a certain speed on the highway. First I was thinking it is from the tires but now I am not sure. I know I will have to take it to the shop but I just want to get an advice first and I dont want to wait before it's too late. A little history: timing belt replaced about 20k miles ago but the water pump was not. Truck has 150k miles. Absolutely no leak right now. Any idea will be apperciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
could be the water pump but you would probably notice temp variations when riding, it`s probably a pulley bearing going bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I suspect the same thing but I will continue to monitor it. I have not been noticing any temperature changes yet.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
You have to isolate the location of the noise. One way to do this is to stick a rubber or plastic hose in your ear and use the other end to probe for the location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts