Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound like a dumb question... but it doesnt hurt to ask..

there is a 2007 tiburon steering wheel @ my local junk yard, with the air bag still in not deployed (rear end damaged tiburon)

i was wondering.... would this fit on my sonata? with no modifications or very slight modifications?

i really hate my steering wheel, the leather grip is all worn out and its all gross glossy color and the black plastic piece that subs in for the audio volume controller for higher end sonatas which my car doesnt have really bothers me, also i HATE the feeling of handle grip :(. The wheel it self is wayy to big and the handle is way too thin, really brings out the whole 'cheap' feel..

the tiburon steering wheel on the other hand, is not as big, quite compact in size the grip feels very THICK and i love that feeling, very performance oriented, expensive, rich feel.

It also doesnt have audio mounted remote like my current steering wheel so i dont have to worry about that, and it has cruise control... exactly the same in the pic

any feedback>? thanks

this

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think itll be pretty cool looking i dont mind my steering wheel since i have the radio buttons on there but mines dark ugly blue blah a black one would be great, i say get it try it out and if it dosent work ebay it the airbag itself its proboly worth the cost of the steering wheel on ebay... I remember a teacher of mind saying a dumb question is a question that isnt asked lol

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Dec 12 2010, 02:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379121
This might sound like a dumb question... but it doesnt hurt to ask..

there is a 2007 tiburon steering wheel @ my local junk yard, with the air bag still in not deployed (rear end damaged tiburon)

i was wondering.... would this fit on my sonata? with no modifications or very slight modifications?

i really hate my steering wheel, the leather grip is all worn out and its all gross glossy color and the black plastic piece that subs in for the audio volume controller for higher end sonatas which my car doesnt have really bothers me, also i HATE the feeling of handle grip :(. The wheel it self is wayy to big and the handle is way too thin, really brings out the whole 'cheap' feel..

the tiburon steering wheel on the other hand, is not as big, quite compact in size the grip feels very THICK and i love that feeling, very performance oriented, expensive, rich feel.

It also doesnt have audio mounted remote like my current steering wheel so i dont have to worry about that, and it has cruise control... exactly the same in the pic

any feedback>? thanks

this
Give it a shot if anything you might have to modify the harness for the horn and air bag. But I dont see why it wont work.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I was also interested in changing my steering wheel, but with the Genesis Wing Steering Wheel and all of its components. However it will be a headache to figure out how to rigg it. EH', i gave up on the thought.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hyundai in general needs to improve their steering wheels. The one thing you have to touch in a car should feel and look good. VW GTI is a great example. Even my 01 focus has a way better feeling, size and look then my 09 LTD Sonata. The 2011 is even cheaper looking. Definitely needs to be smaller diameter and thicker grip with higher quality materials i.e.(perferated leather w/o seem). Maybe someday? Good luck! :beer:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had no idea. I came up from a 240sx, 300zx, and infiniti j30, which all had similar steering wheels. Sonata was an upgrade haha especially with the buttons.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh trust me, i know the problems with the 7 series, they are in fact quite headache, and you also gotta remember that buying a used 7 series for 20k is still going to cause repair bills of a 100,000 dollar car...
but i still think older audi's are more of a pos, our b6 audi a4 3.0 quattro fried up with only 100k kms....

but i really dont know where your getting the 'bmw dont last very long' the e92/e90 m3 will always have a soft spot in my heart, i driven my friends countless times with the highcompression v8..

after driving the m3 i get into my car and i go 'lolwut'

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Dec 13 2010, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379570
oh trust me, i know the problems with the 7 series, they are in fact quite headache, and you also gotta remember that buying a used 7 series for 20k is still going to cause repair bills of a 100,000 dollar car...
but i still think older audi's are more of a pos, our b6 audi a4 3.0 quattro fried up with only 100k kms....

but i really dont know where your getting the 'bmw dont last very long' the e92/e90 m3 will always have a soft spot in my heart, i driven my friends countless times with the highcompression v8..

after driving the m3 i get into my car and i go 'lolwut'
The newer audi's I am not very fond of. I loved my b3 audi tho. I know about 3 ppl with e92/e90 who have had issues. the sad part is none of them mod cars they just drive them normaly. Yea you need to jump into a V6 man. A 4cyl would make me "lolwut" as well. I had a loaner once and was thinking how anyone does it. But it was much better on gas.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol thats not even my point, even if i had a v6 sonata (which i dont want..), driving a bmw e92 m3 and then jumping into a v6 sonata would probably make 99% ppl go lolwut.. the build quality, interior, the driver to control feel, the clutch, the steering, the tight grabbing leather buckets, high revving 8k rpm v8 motor doesnt even compare to a economy based v6 sonata lol, im just stating it is overall a great car

and e92 m3 has more than 200hp than a v6 sonata so it still makes ppl go lolwut

but maybe we should get back on to my tiburon steering wheel topic...? your quite loyal to your sonata which is good to see but i admire m3 and nice high end cars as well :D

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Dec 13 2010, 10:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379586
lol thats not even my point, even if i had a v6 sonata (which i dont want..), driving a bmw e92 m3 and then jumping into a v6 sonata would probably make 99% ppl go lolwut.. the build quality, interior, the driver to control feel, the clutch, the steering, the tight grabbing leather buckets, high revving 8k rpm v8 motor doesnt even compare to a economy based v6 sonata lol, im just stating it is overall a great car

and e92 m3 has more than 200hp than a v6 sonata so it still makes ppl go lolwut

but maybe we should get back on to my tiburon steering wheel topic...? your quite loyal to your sonata which is good to see but i admire m3 and nice high end cars as well :D
eh just not a bmw fan. so you going to do the tibby wheels?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.