Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
XG350 + TIburon Intake / Exhaust?
Hi, I own an '05 XG350L, i am having so much fun with it since purchasing not long ago for 3,600 with 76K miles! I never expected to own a hyundai, but the XG really caught my eye at the back of a used lot at the corner of my town. such an unusual styling and very peppy motor made me very compromising with my LT1 swapped buick.

My current idea is that i want to build on this car, being the already fast and surprising car it is, i wanted to know if, from the very similar design of the Tiburon and XG sigma motors -- aside from displacement -- if i could use a tiburon manifold for the exhaust and intake, as the XG's exhaust T-connects for a poor turbulent exhaust design and the intake swap would be incredible if i could set up a tiburon turbo manifold on it... anyone think this is too insane of an idea? I currently have no Hyundai supporters as all my friends and family arent big on Hyundai... and no Tiburons willing to attempt a retrofit nearby lol.
Nobody is posting on the Grandeur sub forum so I decided this GK forum line is related since I'm retrofitting parts from the model.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dont waste you time

2.7 and 3.5 is entirely 2 different engine system.. 3.5 is fly by wire throttle, goofy rotator in the intake, drive it for what it worth and carry on..

Worry more about the 3.5 ignition system and throttle control, and the battle worn rear suspension mounting (shocks to upper mounting and sway bar bushing knock)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont waste you time

2.7 and 3.5 is entirely 2 different engine system.. 3.5 is fly by wire throttle, goofy rotator in the intake, drive it for what it worth and carry on..

Worry more about the 3.5 ignition system and throttle control, and the battle worn rear suspension mounting (shocks to upper mounting and sway bar bushing knock)
I got it, thanks, I'm getting Denso Twin Tip Platinum SP's and a set of shielded ignition cables, coils are still strong, but the suspension is indeed beaten to death, getting new struts and solid PU bushings

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I got it, thanks, I'm getting Denso Twin Tip Platinum SP's and a set of shielded ignition cables, coils are still strong, but the suspension is indeed beaten to death, getting new struts and solid PU bushings

NGK Laser Iridium,, last longer than Platinum,,, and set of Hyundai - Kia 3.5 wire is all you need.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, well the spark plugs choice is because I have a friend who works for Denso, so parts are dirt cheap for him haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts