Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what I came out to this morning. It was white spray paint. About 15 other cars in our neighborhood got hit. I guess some kids wanted to have some "fun".

I was able to get most of it off just by rubbing it, however the cloth I used left very fine scratches, not to where you can feel it but almost like someone took a brillow pad to my window very lightly.

Of course with it raining, and being angry as **** I didn't notice the small scratches right away when i was cleaning, otherwise i would of stopped.

My question is about these small scratches. You can't see them from the outside, but from the inside on a sunny day it make the window look like crap. So I would like to get it fixed. Do window services re-buff so to speak, the outside of car windows? Or will this possibly cost me the price of a whole new window all together?

I know the only way to find out is bringing it in, but I wondered if anyone else has had this issue before.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well its after the fact but you should have used OOPS paint remover on the windows. But anyway they do have glass polish give it a try. Sorry for your bad luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In my neighborhood, If you have a GPS mount or even have the **** ring of where the mount was, theyll punch in your window and ransack your car. Happened to a bunch of my buddies and my mom.

·
Registered
117 Posts
that's annoying. Haven't these people watched Pulp Fiction? You don't mess with another man's car. What a bunch of pansies. At least they didn't spray the body, or over the seals.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you ever find these guys beat'em with a crow bar. If you don't have a crow bar I'll be happy to provide one for you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
east side boys are so stupid, the boys from the west side would have painted the whole car and shot the windows out! j/k man, glad you could get it all off

·
Registered
854 Posts
That sucks, for future reference a razor blade and some soapy water would have taken that right off, steel wool is also good and it won't scratch. If you've scratched your windows you might be SOL now since you will only be able to cover up the scratches and never be able to get rid of them. Try some glass polish.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OMG thats horrible - its bad when it happens to ANYONE but when it happens to a 5G Sonata Owner now they got our gang to deal with...why I auttttaaaaaa.....I would have cried :((((((((

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sorry to hear it.

Go to Walmart and look for a product made by 3M called "Fine Cut Polish". It might actually be under the name "Fine Cut Scratch Remover". Whatever the name is, it will have "Fine Cut" in it. This stuff will buff out anything.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Aug 13 2010, 08:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349106
Sorry to hear it.

Go to Walmart and look for a product made by 3M called "Fine Cut Polish". It might actually be under the name "Fine Cut Scratch Remover". Whatever the name is, it will have "Fine Cut" in it. This stuff will buff out anything.
OK, I ended up looking it up, and yep, they changed the name of it again, but this is what you want:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My van got 7 paint ball hits a few years ago. Also got egged and some tomatoes. I reported it but nobody was found responsible. I think nothing can be done against them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts