Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this out today, so I thought I would post some pictures up. It is actually much much easier to do on our cars, than any other Ive worked on. No tools required.
Just make sure when you take the slack out of the cable that the throttle body is completely closed.

·
1,565 Posts
Awesome! I went and did it and it was like 30 seconds. Someone should move this to the document library. Great job fonque :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
only problem i find is it idles waaaay to high. i wanted it to stay around 1k rpm but the nearest is almost 2k rpm. which makes the car sound redic lol.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 1 2010, 12:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337683
only problem i find is it idles waaaay to high. i wanted it to stay around 1k rpm but the nearest is almost 2k rpm. which makes the car sound redic lol.
lol you are only supposed to take any slack out of the line if there even is any at all. sounds like you took up the slack and then some.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did this because the cruise control install added just a tiny bit of slack to my throttle cable. Its gone now. This is not a means to adjust your base idle.

Idle adjustment is normally done with some kind of screw on the IACV on the intake plenum. I havent looked into adjusting the throttle on these cars. I dont even know if you ever have to.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
you can, there is a screw but its has some hard core loc tite on there so the thing doesnt move. its a torx and a small one which makes it that much worse. but yeah, with my spark plugs the car does 20X better when it idles at 1100 rpm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I drive a 2005 Santa Fe GLS. It looks like a have the same issue.
Based on the pictures provided, I tried to fix the problem, but I can't find the cable under the hood.
Any thoughts?
Thx

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good info! Should help with throttle response, if there was slack in the cable. I have to check mine.

·
Registered
986 Posts
In my i10 Kappa2 1.2 L the rpm is 500 in idle...how to increase
First question is, why do you want to increase your RPM at idle?

Secondly, to answer your question, to my knowledge, the idle RPM is controlled by the computer, there is a ‘fast idle’ when you start the car and the engine is cold, then once the engine coolant and 02 sensors warm up, the idle decreases to its regular RPM. I’m not sure how to increase the idle, but some posters above have referred to a screw on the IACV, but I’ve never done this myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My rpm is low and during driving facing some problem ...some strange noise is coming like loose timing chain....I have installed a new timing chain kit...but the sound sometime come even while driving and just after releasing the clutch.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
My rpm is low and during driving facing some problem ...some strange noise is coming like loose timing chain....I have installed a new timing chain kit...but the sound sometime come even while driving and just after releasing the clutch.
Post is old. Do a new one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts