Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see some text about the throttle body being loose?
how would i tighten this, and where?
smart **** comments approved :grin:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
The throttle CABLE has a bit of slack from the factory. Pop the hood and locate the TB (back of the engine). Find the cable, pull the metal tab, pull back cable sheating until tight, reinsert metal tab, done.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is there an aftermarket TB or Tiburon TB that I could install that would give me a little bit more performance?

...I kinda gunked mine up and can't get it completely clean.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (isaac1909 @ Oct 6 2010, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361611
or take mine off and get it p&p?

it's gunked up with K&N oil :whistling:

I cleaned it the best I could...4 times w/o taking it off
If you can do it, even better but if not then prepare another moving object because it make couple days if you don't have a near shop who can do P&P.

Or you can use ur bike :D

Still using the same filter? :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
yep, same filter! I ride the ZRX almost every day, but lately it's been cold and rainy, so I'm back in the car.... It's sad summer is coming to an end.

I've put 3000+ miles on the bike this summer and the Accent has just sat. Parked on the street. So I guess I should start paying more attention to it since I'm going to be stuck in it for winter :(

I can always drive the Sonata if the Accent's down and it's raining. The throttle just sticks a tiny tiny bit when it first starts to open.

Thanks, Burn. I'm going to pull it off, clean it up and hit it with the dremel to try a DIY port and polish. If I screw it up I'll just get one off ebay and try again.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (isaac1909 @ Oct 6 2010, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361636
I can always drive the Sonata if the Accent's down and it's raining. The throttle just sticks a tiny tiny bit when it first starts to open.
Sticks a tiny bit? lol.. understatement of the century. Thanks for teaching me manual though.. much appreciated. I work for Towne Park now.

·
Registered
651 Posts
looks kinda good on this side...

turn it over and HOLY CRAP! It's been like this for months!

so I put it in the utility tub and kept filling it up with throttle body cleaner and letting it drain through very slowly...

then I played with the dremel until I got bored. I was going to do all this stuff I read about, but I don't have the patience or the time for that. So I just shined it up real nice and put a little bevel on the leading edge... on the other side

tomorrow I'll slap it back on. opens and closes real smoothly now. Should be fine.

cars are stupid, winter sucks.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
While you have the TB off, look at the gas pedal and see if it sticks too. It'll be easy to tell with nothing attached to the cable.

·
Registered
651 Posts
checked pedal and throttle cable, everything was nice and smooth.

got it put back together and everything's a-ok.

thanks burn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts