Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2007 Santa-fe with 187,000 miles on it. Lately it's been idling high, especially when first started. Today when my wife stepped on the throttle to pull out on a hill it went into limp mode. I got it home and had codes P2135, P1295 and P2106. A little research had me convinced that it was just the Throttle Position Sensor. This evening I pulled the throttle body off and when you move it around there is a rattle coming from the side that is opposite the position sensor.

Is that normal or did something go on that side of the throttle body. The rattle is under the plastic cover.

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Sounds like the PPS gave up the ghost. That would set those codes.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have a 2007 Santa-fe with 187,000 miles on it. Lately it's been idling high, especially when first started. Today when my wife stepped on the throttle to pull out on a hill it went into limp mode. I got it home and had codes P2135, P1295 and P2106. A little research had me convinced that it was just the Throttle Position Sensor. This evening I pulled the throttle body off and when you move it around there is a rattle coming from the side that is opposite the position sensor.

Is that normal or did something go on that side of the throttle body. The rattle is under the plastic cover.

Thanks.
You know,, that chassis come with (2) engine,, and they take different part to repair...

2.7L = 35107-3E100NFFF -- $33 and some change

3.3L = 35107-3C100NFFF -- same price

Hyundai Motor called a PCM update on TSB for this overall concern - remedy,, so you'll need to see dealer to have update done (use latest version offered on menu) --> K-Line update for CM (slow install)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I forgot to mention that it has the 3.3 L engine in it. For some reason the parts people always want to order parts for the 2.7. What's the PPS? Accelerator Position Position Sensor?

Still my question is more about the throttle body itself. Is there normally a rattling under the plastic cover on the side opposite the throttle position sensor?

·
Registered
882 Posts
The opposite of TPS sensor are gears that open/close the throttle. They are plastic, may be broken after lubrication dry out. You can get a new throttle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts