Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Any threads currently on aftermarket front grill for the SFS?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I’ve seen a few threads and try searching to see if it pops up, honestly all these aftermarket grills will not be a perfect fit and the best looking ones imo are the Roadrun grill. Even that won’t be a perfect fit and most likely the paint job won’t be as good and will not last due to thin painting and clear coat process. I know this because I had RR grill before and it chips so easily. Maybe you should try plastic dip on your grill to black and for a fraction of a cost it will look pretty good good believe or not. Try Googling SFS front grill dip and you should see a few samples and you might actually like it. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve seen a few threads and try searching to see if it pops up, honestly all these aftermarket grills will not be a perfect fit and the best looking ones imo are the Roadrun grill. Even that won’t be a perfect fit and most likely the paint job won’t be as good and will not last due to thin painting and clear coat process. I know this because I had RR grill before and it chips so easily. Maybe you should try plastic dip on your grill to black and for a fraction of a cost it will look pretty good good believe or not. Try Googling SFS front grill dip and you should see a few samples and you might actually like it. GL

I was looking at the roadrun grill off of ebay for 300 bux CAD.

I don't like the hyundai symbol at all on the front. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You are so right. Dip'd grill looks perfect.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I was looking at the roadrun grill off of ebay for 300 bux CAD.

I don't like the hyundai symbol at all on the front. Thanks for the input!

Yes the RR grill are nice but if you decided to get it, ask the seller to see if they can add more coats on the paint and the clear coat if possible. Oh the Hyundai symbol can be change easily too if you want to go that route and I have tried both the Genesis badge and currently using a Concepto badges. Here’s a few pics for reference and maybe you might be interested.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You are so right. Dip'd grill looks perfect.

LOL, glad you liked it and probably cost you less than $10

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the RR grill are nice but if you decided to get it, ask the seller to see if they can add more coats on the paint and the clear coat if possible. Oh the Hyundai symbol can be change easily too if you want to go that route and I have tried both the Genesis badge and currently using a Concepto badges. Here’s a few pics for reference and maybe you might be interested.

Maybe a combo of the Dip and a Brenthon badge?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe a combo of the Dip and a Brenthon badge?

Yep one of my favourite badges as well, it was on my other car and here’s a few pics for reference. RR grill with Brenthon badges dip in black!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep one of my favourite badges as well, it was on my other car and here’s a few pics for reference. RR grill with Brenthon badges dip in black!!!

That optima looks so clean. Best place to buy the badge? see a lot of ebay and amazon sellers but want good quality.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That optima looks so clean. Best place to buy the badge? see a lot of ebay and amazon sellers but want good quality.

Thank you, I’m sorry I have no idea where to buy it from and EBay would be just fine but just make sure it’s from a Korean seller because it’s more legit. Again I would either spray clear coat to keep the original badge colour or plastic dip it to protect the coating from corrosion.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I found this on EBay which has a 3 pc set for front, rear and steering wheel. There’s also a 7 pc kit if you want it for your wheels as well but I prefer just the 3 pc if it was me. I’m not too fond of the new design of the Brenthon badges and I prefer the older style better because it’s a bit thinner than the current design and not too thick and bulky when looking at it. To each his own I guess but regardless it does look pretty cool either way. Here’s the link for the 3 pc kit.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/172633902687

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found this on EBay which has a 3 pc set for front, rear and steering wheel. There’s also a 7 pc kit if you want it for your wheels as well but I prefer just the 3 pc if it was me. I’m not too fond of the new design of the Brenthon badges and I prefer the older style better because it’s a bit thinner than the current design and not too thick and bulky when looking at it. To each his own I guess but regardless it does look pretty cool either way. Here’s the link for the 3 pc kit.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/172633902687

What about from here?

https://www.brenthonshop.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts