Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering either a 2010 4cl or 2009 6 cyl. Both are the Limited, the 2009 does have Nav which is not a must have because I have a newer Garmin. Both are also certified used.

I kind of like the exterior/interior color combination on the 2010 4 cyl but will I be disappointed in the power? I currently have Subaru Legacy that is really uncomfortable, the seats give me a wicked back ache if I'm in them more than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Honestly it really depends; I have the V6 and I found that it has plenty of power. 175 HP for the 4 cylinder is enough for commuting around, plus the added bonus of less fuel consumption.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not disappointed with the power of the 2.4 on my 2009; but then again, cars that I've owned all had less power than my Sonata.

What kind of Legacy are you driving? If its the 2.5 naturally aspirated, the numbers are pretty similar. If you've been driving the 2.5GT turbo, prepare to be disappointed. Maybe even on the V6, lol.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
What an odd question? Last time I saw a 2.5 was on my Subaru. Oh you have a Subaru too. Anyway the 2.5 TURBO Forrester

was the fastest production Car off the line in 2004, doing a 5.5 Zero to 60. Even that was gimmicky. Hyundai owners only get a 2.4 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (FLAteam @ May 8 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321019
I'm not disappointed with the power of the 2.4 on my 2009; but then again, cars that I've owned all had less power than my Sonata.

What kind of Legacy are you driving? If its the 2.5 naturally aspirated, the numbers are pretty similar. If you've been driving the 2.5GT turbo, prepare to be disappointed. Maybe even on the V6, lol.
I totally agree. I have the 3.3 V6 and love it but from what I've heard the 2.4 is more than acceptable so it all depends on your preferences. The best thing to do is try them both and then decide which one is for you. Make sure you take it for a nice long drive to make sure you find the Sonata seats comfortable or even rent one for a day.

QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 8 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321020
Anyway the 2.5 TURBO Forrester was the fastest production Car off the line in 2004
What have you been smoking? That statement isn't even close to the truth. You seem to mention your turbo Forester about every third post. You must really miss it!

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
You don't really expect much of an honest and/or objective and/or professional answer here, do you....

It's like you're asking us which of the two girls you've been dating you should get married to....

Just take both cars for an extensive test drive and make your own decision. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (rallyman @ May 8 2010, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321042
What have you been smoking? That statement isn't even close to the truth. You seem to mention your turbo Forester about every third post. You must really miss it!
The usual, :thumbsup: but alright I was wrong. The Forrester, which I HATED and was a DEATH TRAP (did I mention that too :innocent: ) had

the detuned WRX STI Engine, and beat the STI in the Zero to 60, plus was the fastest SUV, and production Car under $37,000. Just got some

facts wrong!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yankee,

I've owned both the I4 and V6. The I4 has more than enough power to shuttle you and 4 other passengers comfortably between point A and B. It is by no means short on juice for passing and highway duty. Fuel economy is practically the same in my experience.

The V6 obviously has more grunt and - depending on what you're intending to do at a particular time - can be more fun to drive. Fuel economy can be horrific if you sit in traffic a lot.

Either way, these are both excellent cars and you couldn't go wrong with either one. If you want to be certain that you'll never wish you hadn't bought the V6, it's probably best that you purchase that instead.

Good luck!

N

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ May 8 2010, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321043
Just take both cars for an extensive test drive and make your own decision. :thumbsup:
Good advice, but keep in mind that in a year or 3, V6's will probably be scarce in all but lower sales volume
cars like Azera, Avalon, Acura, Lexus. I think they will all but disappear in high volume cars like Sonata,
Camry, Fusion, Accord, etc. I bet used V6 cars in the high volume makes will enjoy a bump in resale
value in 2-3 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I do realize that there is a decent power difference between the two engines but basically what I'm concerned about is things like getting up to speed on on-ramps and passing power when needed. Like if I need to pass someone on the highway or on a back road going up a mountain road will the I4 auto have the necessary power?

I plan on test driving both of them hopefully this week. I really like the V6 but I just noticed on the Carfax that it was a previous 'Corporate Fleet Vehicle.' I'm not entirely sure what that means but a friend of mine said it could be another term for Rental. I don't think I'd want to take a chance on a rental vehicle so I may have to search a little more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a side note I also found another 2009 Green Limited 2 hours from where I live and the price is only $17,102. They both have the options including Nav. That seems really low because the other one I'm looking at close to where I live is almost $22,000. That's almost a $5,000 difference in price!! They are both certified so how can that be? The one 2 hours away almost seems too good to be true. I put links to both of them below, the first one is the one close to where I live that was a 'Corporate Fleet Vehicle.'

http://www.liahyundaiofalbany.com/certifie...useHistory=true

http://www.countryhyundaiofgreenfield.com/...tails/589479403

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with the comments about test driving the vehicles. Also, you really can't compare the 2010 I4 to anyone's experience with a 2006-2008 I4 Sonata. In 2009, Hyundai retuned the I4 to produce another 15+ hp and swapped out the 4 speed transmission for a 5 speed. The new setup makes it a completely diiferent driving experieicne compared to the older NF I4 model years. My daughter has a 2009 I4, and handles most driving situations about as well as my 3.3 V6. About the only time I was driving her car and wish I had the extra ponies of the V6 was over Dunraven Pass in Yellowstone Park. Yes, if I shove my foot to the floor on the V6 and light the candle, it's an exhilarating experience but not one I can often take advantage of.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 2.4 is perfectly adequate. It gets great gas mileage and is a great highway cruiser. I've never really wanted for more power while driving it.

If you like acceleration, and are willing to trade for a penalty with fuel mileage then the V6 has your name on it.

Take a few test drives and see which one you like better after you really think about what you need.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.