Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got around to getting some time to install some new parts on the E today and I started out with the new black projector headlights. I'm having a dilemma......

I have this in my factory headlight:

I have this in the black projectors sent to me:

This is my HID setup from Xenon Supply which bolts into my factory housings:

So my question is, how do I get this bulb to fit into this socket in the new headlight housing and how do I get it to plug into the new power source? I believe Rocketace1 has these in his car so if you see this I would GREATLY appreciate any help you can offer!!

I'm thinking that I need to convert from the H11 bulbs to H7....

·
Registered
952 Posts
Think you need to switch from the stock H11 bulb to a H7 bulb or a H1 bulb I think. I read on one of the projector lights I was looking into the bulb style was changed.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think you need to switch from the stock H11 bulb to a H7 bulb or a H1 bulb I think. I read on one of the projector lights I was looking into the bulb style was changed.
That's what I was thinking.....

It's an H7 socket, I just ordered a set from XS so no worries there...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, the projector ad should have said what bulb it uses, usually H7. Should be good to go if you already ordered.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the projector ad should have said what bulb it uses, usually H7. Should be good to go if you already ordered.
Yeah, it didn't mention anything except bolt in so I was ASSUMING H11. Ordered them next day air so I can get them installed on the 24th!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts