Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics of the new rims....Enkei EV5's 18" gunmetal with a chrome lip....

Looks absolutely amazing, also threw in a pic of ONE of my other toys...Look out for one of my bikes being sold on the forum soon...I have too many toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats! They look amazing.. How much did they cost if you dont mind me asking?
I never thought about getting new rims for the summer or the winter but after reading alot of topics here about rims maybe I should get a pair?
Not really sure what I should do or the benefits of having different pairs for different seasons..
Also this question is off topic a bit but I was wondering about wheel locks.. Did anyone get the wheel locks? the dealer told me that the 18" alloy wheels come with them but after a friend looked at my wheels he said it seems there is no wheel locks..
But they do look very nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Apr 21 2010, 01:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315411
Did you have to buy a new set of TPM for the new wheels since the sonata have TPM sensor in them or you had them swap?
if the new wheels your buying are TPMS compatable (which more are now) all you have to do is swap them.

Personally I'm not feeling the wheels. We had a white 11 in the shop last week. He had a set with a 7 spoke or maybe a couple more..but they had a lip on them. More of a lux wheel. Looked real nice. I think they were 20's. I wish I still had a picture.

but lets see the whole car...

·
Registered
678 Posts
QUOTE (fixer @ Apr 21 2010, 05:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315429
if the new wheels your buying are TPMS compatable (which more are now) all you have to do is swap them.

Personally I'm not feeling the wheels. We had a white 11 in the shop last week. He had a set with a 7 spoke or maybe a couple more..but they had a lip on them. More of a lux wheel. Looked real nice. I think they were 20's. I wish I still had a picture.

but lets see the whole car...
Can you post the pic?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiDealer @ Apr 16 2010, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=313854
Here are the pics of the new rims....Enkei EV5's 18" gunmetal with a chrome lip....

Looks absolutely amazing, also threw in a pic of ONE of my other toys...Look out for one of my bikes being sold on the forum soon...I have too many toys.
I'm normally partial to 6 or 7 spoke, but those look great. You have a lot of caliper showing, and
beg for red paint. :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The newest Hyundai catalogue is out and there are some chrome rims with a lip with a lot of spokes, sounds like it may be the same ones your talking about. Available in 18 or 20" sizes. Was like $2500 for a tire and wheel package. But I'm not sure chrome will be the way to go especially 20". I'm going to lean towards some multi spoke gunmetal or matte gunmetal about $1600 for 18" tire and wheel package installed. All rims are Hyundai spec'ed rims so direct bolt on, don't have to worry about offset and hub size and all. Has a Hyundai badge in the middle too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiDealer @ Apr 16 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=313854

More pics! Let's see a close up of the wheel / lip. Also a side profile. Looks good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've not seen a pic yet of aftermarket wheels on this car that I like better than the stockers. But to each their own though, customization is what it's all about for most of us, in one form or another.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts