Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a totally die-hard Toyota fan. Toyota could do very little wrong. Even when my Supra blew a head gasket.
I wanted to replace my venerable "Hachiroku" (See Avatar: 1985 Corolla GTS) that gave me a full 17 years of faithful service.
But it had to be a coupe, and it had to have a 5-speed and it had to have a hatch. The Scion tC looked like the perfect offering.

After a few months, I began to notice some things: "flexible" a-pillars, that flex if the door is opened when the car is downhill. A whining from the transmission at 44,000 miles.

Saturday was yet another event in the life of my tC, and something Toyota knew about, and made minimal effort to make right.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,532 Posts
No car company is perfect.
However, Toyota get a very respectable score card
Lately they have been partnering up with other companies and producing ... less quality
Seem to be following GM. Using cheaper parts and make more money???

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah... I've seen plenty of those myself around town and have been wondering what were they thinking by making it a complete separate assembly and not part of the body. You're just stamping sheet metal so why go through the extra hassle of manufacturing a totally separate plastic(?) piece. But will they make a product improvement campaign to resolve this?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If duc tape won't hold it your not using enough.
I got some plastic epoxy and glued it back on. I think. Maybe. There wasn't a lot of material left on the back of the trim piece so I just globbed it on and stuck it.

Luckily, you can grab the bottom of the hatch, so all I have to do is press the button (it's an electric release...what could go wrong there? :rolleyes:) and grab the bottom of the hatch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been a die-hard Toyota owner since the early 80s. I've owned four different Tercels and a Scion xA (which I still own fifteen years later). My love for Toyota was based on their legendary reliability, and they have always lived up to it in my experience.

But now, Toyota just isn't making a car I want. The closest they come to it is the Yaris hatchback, but it has two negatives: it isn't really made by Toyota but by Mazda, and it doesn't come with a manual transmission! So I am now looking into buying a Hyundai Venue. We'll see how that goes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My family owns a Toyota Tacoma for years. It is pretty sturdy and reliable though I can't say the same thing for its other cars available. Our Tacoma is well taken care of, and we do some modifications and upgrade to it like when we gave it a lift with the suspension lift that I got from 4wheelonline and installing mud tires for it to try off-road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts