Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
A lot of people have posted about optional head units because we do not have a USB input or Aux input. This is related to Sonatas and not just aftermakret Stereos

I put in the new Pioneer AVH - 3200BT in my 2007 Sonata. The place that I had installed it knew what they were doing. I like that it sits back some, it dosn't catch the sun as much.

While using the radio setting, it will show you a list of 6 stations you have programed in and what song and artist is currently playing.

DVD is clear...looks even better at night. I'll post better videos of the unit later.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have something similer to yours, minus the DVD and double din... Pioneer DEH-7000BT. It has the bluetooth likes yours, I have my usb ran through the glove box, and the headphone AUX cable ran through the center cupholders. I chose my microphone placement next to the RVM, and nobody ever notices it. I wish I had money for the DVD unit though, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Djonemore @ May 11 2010, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321954
I have something similer to yours, minus the DVD and double din... Pioneer DEH-7000BT. It has the bluetooth likes yours, I have my usb ran through the glove box, and the headphone AUX cable ran through the center cupholders. I chose my microphone placement next to the RVM, and nobody ever notices it. I wish I had money for the DVD unit though, that would be awesome!

I like the placement of your microphone; I never thought to put it up there. I purchased mine off Amazon.com and it was $100 to $200 cheaper than most place. I have an 8gb flash drive, with thousands of songs and a few movies.

You can also change the settings of this unit to match the interior lights of your car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went with the AVIC-X910BT. It had everything I was looking for in a Headunit, NAV, Bluetooth, DVD, IPOD, RearView camara (if you wanted to install it). I went to the Pioneer site and updated my Nav system for free, so it is very accurate now but, I didnt have any issues with it before. I put the mic right on the piller closest to me and the NAV antenna right behind the 3rd brake light. Took advantage and installed the rearview camara. Here are some pics:

[attachment=17896:SDC10179.JPG][attachment=17897:SDC10182.JPG][attachment=17898:
SDC10181.JPG][attachment=17899:SDC10184.JPG][attachment=17900:SDC10185.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
QUOTE (yjbeach @ May 12 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322085
I like the placement of your microphone; I never thought to put it up there. I purchased mine off Amazon.com and it was $100 to $200 cheaper than most place. I have an 8gb flash drive, with thousands of songs and a few movies.

You can also change the settings of this unit to match the interior lights of your car.
I got mine when it was first released I paid $310 for it from Crutchfield, it came with the wiring harness, and dash kit.

Insaneone: I really like the placement and compact design of your RVcamera, I never seen one like that before, Ive usually seen the bigger wider ones.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man listen to me....I said the same thing years ago. Like *my phone has navigation, I won't need it in the car*....SOOOO glad I opted for the Kenwood Dash with the Navi. My phone has great navigation but nothing...I REPEAT NOTHING is better than that clean 7inch nav screen.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Man listen to me....I said the same thing years ago. Like *my phone has navigation, I won't need it in the car*....SOOOO glad I opted for the Kenwood Dash with the Navi. My phone has great navigation but nothing...I REPEAT NOTHING is better than that clean 7inch nav screen.
I have very good sense of directiong and ultimately my wife has one of these soo... if i need a larger screen i will use that. Not to mention if we go on long trips, we usually rent a car so we dont burn a ton of miles on either of out cars
(should i say the sonata, we dont usually take the trans am long distance for obvious reasons), so a fixed in dash/radio unit would be useless to me.

but i understand what you are saying

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't get navigation with mine. I use my phone or garmin. The Garmin is good because of free lifetime maps and when you don't have a cell phone signal (Going skiing in West Virginia) the Garmin always comes through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.