Hyundai Forums banner

This Accent Is Beastly!

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Shingo1-6 
#1 ·
I want all you guys to take a look at the latest issue of (I thinik its) Import tuner...

Flip through till on the left page at the top, you'll see a hand drawn picture of a RIDICULOUS Accent and a nissan r35 skyline...

Basically what it says is that hyundai motors is allowing this company called Highendperformance.net to build our car for an upcoming car show (I forget what its called but its basically a high end version of Nopi)

Basically what they're doing is building a custom widebody bodykit, doing a beta turbo swap... with a... get this (salivating) Santa Fe AWD drivetrain!!!

Dont believe me? when trying to follow up I found this...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/hyundai/ernie...nt-ar46588.html

This is cool... what it goes to prove... is that there are no more excuses for us to not build our cars... if we want to stay ahead of the curve.. we have to do WHATEVER it takes to get our cars to be ridiculously powerful....

Yup :) fun stuff

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by accentman07@Nov 21 2007, 02:49 AM
that urban assault accent is ricey........ i like the thought of AWD though...
<div align='right'>index.php?act=findpost&pid=120265
[/quote]

What's with the bookshelf on the back, how many horsepower does that add?
  Not really feeling the pee colored headlights or the fuel door that looks like it's covered in electrical tape. lol!

The beta turbo/AWD thing sounds interesting but not something I'd ever want.

#5 ·
the BA spoiler is like the one on the wrc cars....most likely styled after that...would be nice with a much much milder spoiler, get rid of the riduclous yellow tint on the lights and a half way normal(read something the average joe would have) paint job might be nice....someone should photo shop it!!...lol

awd=lots of fun :grin:
awd+turbo=extacy!! :w00t:

#8 ·
good job rondy! :thumbsup:

they couldnt put in the budget to fill in the hole in the front with oh lets say a grill???lol

I have no room to talk mine doesnt have a grill either...lol...but at leat im doin a little work to mine...hehe

i love the hood...say komptek give me your oem hood after you get your cf hood...i have a great idea of what to do to it....hehe :grin:

#10 ·
stuff sticking out=

Front canards... disrupt the airflow around the front bumper causing a disruption in power robbing windstreams

Vents behind doors... cools rear brakes while putting down force on rear end (better traction)

Vents by Front canards... same thing...

Yes, all ricey as ****, but if used correctly, can be invaluable to a high speed racer... aerodynamics are where its at!! :)

#13 ·
I found this when I was looking for body kits. Thought some of you guys might want to see it. I thought it was pretty nifty.

[attachment=18933:ernie_ma...1_800x0w.jpg] [attachment=18934:ernie_ma...c_800x0w.jpg] [attachment=18935:ernie_ma...2_800x0w.jpg]

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/hyundai/2007-...ture210769.html

There's only 3 things I'm not a fan of with this car:
1. The wing. Spoilers are meant for downforce for rear wheel drive cars, so that they have more control.... Although it does look kinda cool... Okay, maybe I like the wing... maybe... Yea.
2. Vacant grill. I know it may keep the radiator cooler... :/ maybe. But it just doesn't look cool like that.... plus... bugs... haha
3. Hate yellow headlights.

Other than those things, I think it looks awesome! Love the decal going from the headlights to the back. And the body kit is very well designed.

Attachments

#17 ·
I think it's pretty gross and apparently they did too. It was abandoned IIRC and the guy who was doing it is known for being a bit of a hack too unless I'm getting my people mixed up so even if it did come out, it'd have probably been crap.

#18 ·
QUOTE (0.o slow 1.6 @ Jun 20 2010, 01:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334573
I am guessing you never drove through a high speed curve before for you to make that statement.

+1 kid has no idea what a spoilers function is on a fwd car.

with that being said, rear wheel traction is a definite on a fwd car. and as slow stated... what will happen to a front wheel drive car in mid-corner if the rear wheels lose traction? yupppppppp.

youll find yourself backwards and twisted up staring back at the track in the other direction... Few people seem to understand that the rear wheels are critical to vehicle stability on a fwdcar.

#22 ·
You did but I remember it already been discussed a few times while back (I think there are several more threads about this same car pointing to the same site) so I merged them. :grin:

Sorry for the confusion.   :thumbsup:

#23 ·
I'm really hoping that Hyundai has it in them to build an actual turbo kit that can be dealer-installed with support and warranty. That would make them heads and tails above any other manufacturer out there. Mazda or Suzuki have some decent kits available for their cars produced with factory cooperation I believe, but they're still aftermarket. If Hyundai could pull this off, it would definitely be a step toward the image that they've been trying to create with the Genesis coupe IMO.

#24 ·
Never happen. The Accent always is and always has been their small, cheap, economical vehicle. They won't dare do anything to risk that reputation of it and the reliability of it by approving a factory forced induction kit, aftermarket or not. Besides, it might cut into the sales of the new Velostar and Genesis Coupe and they'd want that even less.

#25 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Jun 20 2010, 03:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334703
You did but I remember it already been discussed a few times while back (I think there are several more threads about this same car pointing to the same site) so I merged them. :grin:

Sorry for the confusion.   :thumbsup:
Oh. I didn't know you could do that. Alright. No problemo.

And I didn't even know it was all wheel drive. I thought it was still front wheel drive. Didn't really read into it. Just thought it looked cool. haha.

#26 ·
QUOTE (Naky @ Jun 20 2010, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334772
Never happen. The Accent always is and always has been their small, cheap, economical vehicle. They won't dare do anything to risk that reputation of it and the reliability of it by approving a factory forced induction kit, aftermarket or not. Besides, it might cut into the sales of the new Velostar and Genesis Coupe and they'd want that even less.
Well, Hyundai is trying to put a lot of their previous image behind them. I think they may just try to do with the accent what Honda did with the Civic: before, it was just an econo box, but then they came out with the SI. If they ditch the sport version of the accent for the Velostar, then maybe they won't be doing this. I do think that Hyundai would gain a lot of credibility looking out for their sport compact enthusiasts and set themselves apart. Plus, if they're discontinuing the accent, how can supporting it cut into their sales? They would be supporting those people that other companies would forget about and creating brand loyalty. And all it would cost would be a $2000-3000 kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.