Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newly retired and somehow bought a 99 FX Coupe.

It made me feel like a teenager again after never having a 2-door car before.

After only having the FX for about 3 months I am already sniffing around a new Tiburon.

Is is a male thing or a Tiburon thing???

Even my wife is full bore on the new Tiburon...what is going on???

Our other car is a nearly new Mitsu Outlander 4cyl...she who wears the lacy pants has asked which car will we trade on the Tib!!!

As we are approaching senior citizen status (or might have even overtaken it!) we are interested in the ins and outs of the 2004 Tiburon as the local dealer does not have a model for us to test the accessability - both in and out...

We look forward to any and all replies...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
:D Welcome and congratulation on your fx coupe. Please tell everyone about this site.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Tiburon is a drivers car, not a shopping trolley. So immediately get the idea of taking this car to the shops.

The interior design is very sunken in but at the same time very comfortable.
Think of a cockpit, but very desirable. The inside is very comfy and homely once you get used to it, it is very.....huggy, for loss of a better word.

The V6 goes like your proverbial shower of ****. I reached a speed of 130km/h at the top of third within a distance of 500m. Quite blistering when you put that into context.

Either one of the transmissions will suit, maybe if you are of the older generation you will appreciate the fact that you can obtain a sporty shift through Hyundai's Tiptronic Auto, however the shifts tend to be a little delayed if you are really pushing the car hard.
The 6 speed is absolutely faultless at the moment. I have nothing but good words to put against the 6 speed. The ratios are great and the shift is real short.

RAILS!, is pretty much all that I can say fotr the steering and suspension geometry. andles like it is on rails. It is pretty much like a gun, point and shootn and you are away in a jiffy.
The car handles well through the windy bits, the only difficult bit to master here is getting used to your door sittin at shoulder hieght. As I said though once you get used to it, it is frighteningly fun to drive.

Even when you put it through it's paces in the windies, and hit a bump or divet mid-corner, it does little to upset this machine. Mind you if you decide to put your put down around the corner in the wet, you will end up in all sorts of trouble.
Remember this is a car not a person, it has no remorse.

They are also very cosmetic, especially the V6 which with you get the 17 inch rims factory, which lok unreal on this body shape.

I personally hope you decide to make the move onto the Tiburon, as I am sure that the car will not fail your expectations.

It definitely did not fail mine. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts