Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer for them to repair the third brake light they replaced last Saturday but wasn't working Sunday. I know it wasn't working Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Didn't notice specifically any other time but I don't think I saw the red glow.

Anyway, they said the brake lights are fine but tag light was out and they changed it at no charge.

I know the brake light was not working. Now I have irratic brake light problem.

Great...

·
Registered
356 Posts
The bulb is probably loose in the socket. Unfortunately, it's hard to get to the first time. If you do the mod (described somewhere on the forum) it's easy after that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noooooooo!
I just paid this off. I keep cars forever. I know the Sonata won't last the 15 years my Accord did but thought it would go 10.

If I have to buy too soon, it won't be a Hyundai.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Oct 23 2010, 11:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365796
Went to the dealer for them to repair the third brake light they replaced last Saturday but wasn't working Sunday. I know it wasn't working Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Didn't notice specifically any other time but I don't think I saw the red glow.

Anyway, they said the brake lights are fine but tag light was out and they changed it at no charge.

I know the brake light was not working. Now I have irratic brake light problem.

Great...
As noted above the bulb is either loose or filament is broke and raod bumps jiggle it bak onto the post for power...

Look at the wires on the bulb base as called out in the previous topic you have, look at pic and make sure them tiny wires is square to bulb base so bulb fit snugly in the contacts of the socket.. look at bulb filament too, flick bulb a coulpe times with finger and make sure filament dont go flying.. with socket out and bulb installed, have assistant push brake pedal, you jiggle socket with bulb in it, and lightly wiggle bulb and make sure it not flicker... watch the bulb, it get VERY HOT like RIGHT NOW from heat of filament burning... DONT BURN YOUR FINGERS!!! I do not want you mad at me..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am afraid to mess with this bulb. I've read the instructions about going in the trunk, break through a felt thing, take out a silver screw and a gold screw, don't lose the screws inside the trunk or it will rattle forever since they will be irretrievable, go to the backseat, wiggle out the plastic cover, take out something, cut the fin thing, change bulb, try to get it back into place, and reverse some procedure to put it back together.....

I looked under the trunk lid and nothing looked familiar, that's why I had the dealer do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts