Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the old bulb to see if it was burned out. They didn't say what the problem was. Still want the safety of the third light. They took the rear panel off. Wonder if they pinched any wires.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Usually a Dealer Repair under the State of Florida Laws give you a year Guarantee. While yes it could be electrical,

It could be that they screwed it up. Be tough!

·
Registered
356 Posts
My 3rd brake like was intermittent. It turned out that the bulb was loose in the socket. I tweaked it a bit and it's been fine for over a year.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Bulbs can fail the first time power is applied...

That style bulb uses a thin wire folded over at the bulb base, and a lot of them not positioned right to get good contact with socket,,, I have to check every 194 I get or it may not light when plugged into socket..

In the pic, big bulb at left is the 3rd for Sonata, note the wires is straight at the base... the middle bulb is a 194, common side marker and license plate, see how the loop of wire is sitting crooked at each side, the bulb on right is correct position of base contact (wire loop)..

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about changing it myself but reading your instructions...
In the trunk, don't lose the screws, back seat, don't ding the panel, back in the trunk, then back seat again...

So thought I'd let the pro do it.

I called them this morning. Saturday is the only days I can take the car. They need an hour or so. I am shooting for being the first one in at 8:00. I have appointments starting at 10:30 an hour away.

I try to be diligent about repairs and maintenance, one step forward, half step back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts