Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Trajet but am a bit worried about the number of gearbox issues.
I've noticed it seems to be the diesels that have the most trouble, do petrols have a different more reliable gearbox?

Cheers...

·
9,149 Posts
I have driven my Petrol Trajet from 2003 to 2008, no Gearbox box issue during the 5 years. Maybe its due to the ATF Cooler I install for the Transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi neils,

I'm in exactly the same position. I have written a message to Hyundai in UK this evening to ask what would happen out of warranty if buying one via their network second hand (for which they usually give 12 months warranty).

I am still awaiting a reply.

I also would be really interested to hear which gearboxes are affected. Petrol, Diesel.

The other question I have is what about auto boxes? Are these suffering the same death as manual boxes?

Any help very welcome.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've always had the automatic trajets and i'm now on my 3rd,never had any issues at all with the gearbox or anything else, all 3 have always flew through their mot's and given me 10 yrs of trouble free motoring. it's a pity they stopped making them or i would buy a new one tomorrow. the one i have now is the latest model available. it's a 2ltr crtd se (top of the range) in black and i love it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey vanman, thanks very much for the reply. That is somewhat reassuring as I was hoping to go for the diesel auto model.

Bet it looks great in black.

Hoping to use one as part of a camping set up alongside a quick to set up tent. I also play drums so the load space is fantastic. The auto box allows almost walkthrough from front to back I hear which is perfect. As you can tell, I'm a fan of the set up of this vehicle before I've seen one in the flesh.

From another post, the petrol based gearbox differs to the diesel, but I was hoping the auto box again might also be different in set up to the manual arrangement.

Thanks! :liebe011:

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes you can walk through with the auto model, i always remove the rear 2 seats so the boot is huge and we can just put the pushchair in without folding down, the 2ltr petrol version is quick off the mark but mpg is about 9 mile to the gallon less than diesel. only difference really with the se model that i have is the dvd player, rear parking sensors and overdrive. all models have front/rear aircon,swivel front seats,all round elec windows etc. go for it you won't be disappointed but make sure you get one with service history and one that has timing belt changed. happy motoring. the only thing i don't care for is the handbrake on the auto which is a foot pedal but then again when in park you don't need it lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks once again. The actual vehicle itself sounds perfect for what I'm after.

As you've said, I'll aim for a FSH and ensure belts have been changed as needed. Whether I end up with diesel or petrol, we'll see, as at the end of the budget range I'm looking at I will probably go for condition. I'm not expecting to clock up more than 5 or 6,000 miles a year. However, diesel would make more sense for practical reasons.

:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts