Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New! on the market, Heres an afordable tool for scanning & diagnosing codes or changing settings. its comparable to much more expensive scanners costing thousands to use on the market for any dyi'r plug & play diagnoses right on your cell phone with a ton of features. (y)

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Looks very much like Launch x431 software for your smart phone, so it's not really new which is a good thing.
It should be a pretty good tool though. I use an x431 android tablet myself sometimes and it's quite a capable tool.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
calling there 1-800 number for more info on it. i like it because it can be tailored to a
(manufactures vehicles make)
but it does seem to do a ton more than your average hand held scanner is capable of. (y) scotty likes it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What's the difference between this and Autel AP200? I at least see Autel saying it'll maintain their product; what about this tool?

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
I at least see Autel saying it'll maintain their product; what about this tool?
This is what would worry me about ThinkCar. Are they going to be there tomorrow, next week or next year when you change your car and need the new software for that manufacturer.

As for the tool features, the ThinkCar/Launch supports bi-directional testing which the AP200 does not. I don't know how important that is to a DIY guy but as a guy who earns his living using a scan tool everyday bi-directional testing is a must. Bi-directional testing is a very important feature these days when every car has a body control module or a power supply control module (IPS in Hyundai speak).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts