Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABS light hill light and TCS light came on dealer is saying its the driver side rear wheel speed sensor and steering wheel sensor.

Dealer is claiming that the wheel hub bearing and sensor are one assembly and would need to be replaced and a charge of $1000.

Second code is the steering angle sensor. Once again the dealer is saying the sensor and hub are one assembly and need to be replaced for $1500.

Quick search for parts show that I can order the sensors separate independently.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
As with anything that makes it necessary for you to ask about it on the internet... go somewhere else and get another diagnosis. If it's not going to be a warranty job then you're paying the dealership's insane rates for no reason. The hub can be replaced for under $500, including labor for the most part, if it actually needed to be replaced but I see the ABS sensor sold separately as well.

I would question them on why they aren't offering to only replace the ABS sensor if that's what's needed..

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Those sensors (for my Accent, anyway) are $39. I can't see why a tone wheel would go bad unless it was physically damaged.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Tone wheel melted ?? Tone rings is steel, teeth passing pickup generate signal.. pictures of melted part ?? Some of our rear hub-bearing assembly have the steel tone ring pressed on,, but melted steel tone wheel ??

I say run quickly, and get 2nd or 3rd opinion,, not tell next shop of previous shop diag.. see what their diag is

Steering, screw it until we remedy the ABS/ESC concern.. clear all the DTC, calibrate steering angle, and see where it goes..

Steering angle sensor is generally integrated part of steering column internal (MDPS) on this chassis I beleive.. I'm not too quick to jump on the sensor wagon until ABS/ESC remedied

BTW,, be nice to have all the related DTC recovered in proper Cxxxx format,, go back and ask if they have copy of GDS print, or copy of E-Report off GDS from Hyundai for you,, you paid for it, and it your car..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Appears to not be a USA car...... VIN not locate on WEBDCS,, might explain the absurd high prices..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a Canadian car, The codes listed on the invoice are c1261 C1207.

What exactly is a tone wheel? The car still drives and operates normally, if the hub is melted/seized would that wheel not turn? I highly doubt they tried to calibrate the steering sensor, it seems like a chore to do that, as they only charged the $125 for the computer hook up doubt they even attempted it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts