Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just checked and my app also has the seats option available now. That's going to be nice in the summer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just checked and my app also has the seats option available now. That's going to be nice in the summer.
Still waiting for mine to update. ?it will be soon. CSR from Blue Link was no help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still waiting for mine to update. ?it will be soon. CSR from Blue Link was no help.
I have a Samsung Note 10+ and it just did a total phone update like 2 days ago. So maybe that's when it kicked in.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
380 Posts
UPDATE: Blue Link CSR was unable to help but suggested I call the dealership for an update. ???
I would love to listen in on that call.

Updates are usually rolled out in waves and I have never been able to figure out the criteria for any app. If you are on Android, you can try clearing the cache for the Hyundai app (not "storage"), force closing the app, manually search for updates in the Play store. You can also try clearing the cache in the Google app. These are just long-shot possibilities that might work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here's another nice feature in the Limited, when the low fuel light comes on it is initially displayed in the heads-up display.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would love to listen in on that call.

Updates are usually rolled out in waves and I have never been able to figure out the criteria for any app. If you are on Android, you can try clearing the cache for the Hyundai app (not "storage"), force closing the app, manually search for updates in the Play store. You can also try clearing the cache in the Google app. These are just long-shot possibilities that might work.
There was an update notice in the app today, sadly it didn't take care of the issue of not being able to select heated/ventilated seats. Thankfully, the seats heat up quite fast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This isn't so much what the car can do, but I enjoy how I can fully extend my left leg while driving between the foot rest and brake. My other vehicles don't allow for this. Especially nice for long drives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The side mirrors adjust downwards when you are in reverse gear, but only if the side mirrors adjustment switch is not in the middle position. (Yes, it is in the manual, but a friendly reminder never hurts).
I always wondered why sometimes it didn't happen. Thanks for that info! any chance that it somehow allows you to set the angle you want it to return to rather than some default that's too low for me?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I always wondered why sometimes it didn't happen. Thanks for that info! any chance that it somehow allows you to set the angle you want it to return to rather than some default that's too low for me?
It should return to whatever you have chosen for your mirror settings.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I learn a lot more about the car when my teen is in the passenger seat next to me. He notices things I don't because I'm usually focused on the road and he likes to push my buttons (yes, also when not in the car) :)
Here are some things he showed me:
-When you receive a text, you can have the Sonata read it and respond with several pre-made options, OR if you tap the microphone you can say a response and send it. I'm sure all modern cars can do this, but I didn't remember seeing it in one of the manuals.
-You can save up to 10 favorite contacts for quick recall.
-You can text someone in your contacts hands-free using the talk-button/microphone and send whatever message you speak.
-If you want to know what song is playing on the radio, tap the Menu button and select INFO.
-The outer speedometer numbers get larger as the needle points to them.
We only had a 10 minute drive, I'm sure he'll find more on the next drive.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is the first car I have had with an Electronic Parking Brake so this in new to me. The Electronic Parking Brake sets automatically when going into Park and turn the engine off if the car is any kind of slope, and it doesn't take much slope for it to set automatically because I was a bit surprised when it happened the first time and was only on a very slight slope.

·
Registered
63 Posts
FYI, I always have my lights set to AUTO so the headlights turn on/off at dusk/dawn. You know when you turn the car off and get out the headlights stay on for several seconds then turnoff. In the settings you can change them to instantly turn off instead of stay on for several seconds.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
380 Posts
Found a new one ...

If you attempt to drive away with the trunk open, it gets very, very upset. It sounds its highest level alarm, the sound it makes when the forward collision alert goes off. I freaked out, looking around for cars, I was barely moving. Looked at the screen, picture of the car with red on the trunk.

I like this feature.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts