Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2014 Santa Fe sport 2.0t and recently I’ve been having the reoccurring problem of my car thinking that the key is not in the vehicle and goes into theft mode.
I’ve taken it to the dealer twice and they’ve replaced the battery in the key both times saying that’s the problem. Well it consisted, and the only remedy I can find is pushing the shifter that is already in park, further into park, and it starts on its own with out having to push start again.
If there’s any one who knows anything that could be occurring to make this happen, anything would help.

·
Registered
13,366 Posts
Sounds like maybe the transmission range switch needs adjusted. That's the switch out on the gearbox that the shifter lever operates. I don't know why that would make it go into theft mode though, but it seems to fit with you pushing the shifter further into park.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like maybe the transmission range switch needs adjusted. That's the switch out on the gearbox that the shifter lever operates. I don't know why that would make it go into theft mode though, but it seems to fit with you pushing the shifter further into park.
Thank you so much, will be speaking to my mechanic about this theory soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts