Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a break from working on the Sonata and now she needs my love. So its time for new parts. I want your suggestions I know there is alot of new parts floating around there with the new gen 3.8L so give me your suggestions, links and idea's. I will see what I can do. But lets make sure we exclude the stuff we have gone over......... 3.8L azera/gen swap, turbos, and nitrous.

OK let it rip..........

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
try the lightweight crank pulley for the 3.8 gen coupe... nspp if you can find a gen coupe guy who will sell it to you for cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (riceR @ Oct 21 2010, 09:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365343
try the lightweight crank pulley for the 3.8 gen coupe... nspp if you can find a gen coupe guy who will sell it to you for cheap.

Hi,

I had a few questions for you. I am on alot of the forums I have a 3.3L
Sonata being that alot of the 3.3L Lambda and the 3.8L Lambda (genesis)
motors are the same I am getting alot of emails with you site linked to it.
1st question is these parts Genesis 3.8L Cat Delete Pipes, Genesis 3.8L Fuel
Controller, Genesis 3.8L Lightweight Pulley do you by any chance know if
they will work on the 3.3L in the sonata. 2nd question is have you guys had
issues with the cat delete pipes throwing engine check lights for not having
cats? If so did it put the car into limp mode? and have you found a
correction for the problem? If you are not sure about these working on the
3.3L I am happy to try them out on my car 1st. If you guys are willing to
make me a discount package for all the parts listed above. In return I will
put my findings on the boards.
thank you
Anthony

Response:
I think the pulley and fuel controller will work for sure. Wiring up the FC may be different though. As for cat deletes, please measure the 2nd cats on your car (bolt on) IF it sounds close, lets do it. Meantime, you should get the pulley for sure. As for the cats, on a 3.8, there are no sensors monitoring those cats so no CELs ever happen. IF you are ready to rock on this. GIve me your number and I will discuss it and take your order. We can work something out. thx

My responce:
Thank for the quick reponce. I'll will have a better idea tomorrow when i get paid if I will be able to roll on this for this weekend or in 2 weeks. my number is xxx xxx xxxxif the price is I am sure we can roll on this. I do still need to measure the cats. I wont be able to do that til sunday. But give me a call anytime this weekend. if I dont pick up please leave a message. I look forward to talking with you as I do have more questions.
Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Oct 22 2010, 12:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365357
What do we think of there "fuel controller" its something that connects to the MAF its pricey at almost $500 but they do have a dyno slip posted for it on the gen 3.8L?

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/i...1d8324350fb694b
Did you read my NSPP review? Its similar but attaches to the MAP... I assume it does the same, reads input from MAF, sends recalculated output to ECU (signal controller). The car feels responsive with the NSPP on. Don't buy it new, look for a guy on gencoupe.com who is willing to sell you one. For a few hundred more you could get an ECU tune done by SFR. The wiring of the MAF is the same btw... hmaservice confirms it.

Should also be programmable... but I'm not sure if they'll send the software with it. The FC is actually made by splitsec I'm assuming RRM just "tunes" it.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (riceR @ Oct 22 2010, 10:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365457
Did you read my NSPP review? Its similar but attaches to the MAP... I assume it does the same, reads input from MAF, sends recalculated output to ECU (signal controller). The car feels responsive with the NSPP on. Don't buy it new, look for a guy on gencoupe.com who is willing to sell you one. For a few hundred more you could get an ECU tune done by SFR. The wiring of the MAF is the same btw... hmaservice confirms it.

Should also be programmable... but I'm not sure if they'll send the software with it. The FC is actually made by splitsec I'm assuming RRM just "tunes" it.
wow somehow i missed that one. I just read it now tho. can you link me to exactly what you have? I have been talking with Rob he seems nice enough and is willing to owrk with me on price we are also talking about writing a tune for the sonata for the F/C casasue i will have a wideband installed on the sonata how ever he did bring up the NSPP for the sonata too but said it was nto programable. I got confused on what that was. still kinda am.I am not sure what the diffrences are from the nspp and the f/c

·
Registered
337 Posts
heh yea what about that nspp, i was looking for one an they took it off from their site, an i havent had any luck lookin for one on ebay lol,
well hope to hear some good news for our 3.3 mods

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah, they don't have the NSPP (Next Stage Power Pro) anymore... the gencoupe guys threw a fit and that was that...

The NSPP is programmable, I hooked up a serial cord to it and read the info and reprogrammed it with the software Rob sent me. The gencoupe guys said their ECU kept reverting to stock setting even after the "reprogrammed" it... maybe thats what he meant?

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (riceR @ Oct 22 2010, 08:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365576
yeah, they don't have the NSPP (Next Stage Power Pro) anymore... the gencoupe guys threw a fit and that was that...

The NSPP is programmable, I hooked up a serial cord to it and read the info and reprogrammed it with the software Rob sent me. The gencoupe guys said their ECU kept reverting to stock setting even after the "reprogrammed" it... maybe thats what he meant?
did urs revet back? and ya its not on the site but he said he still has them. anyluck finding a used one i dotn see any on the forums

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
QUOTE (v33sonata @ Oct 22 2010, 11:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365583
did urs revet back? and ya its not on the site but he said he still has them. anyluck finding a used one i dotn see any on the forums
I don't think so... when I take it off before I got to the dealership it feels less responsive, seems to accelerate a little slower. I put it back on and I could feel the difference. When I was testing the 1/4 mile, I could spin the tires 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through 1st gear w/o the nspp... with the nspp I could spin the wheels practically all through 1st. I did it on the same road, so the surface was the same, that was the telling factor for me. I dunno, that's on my 09... the 06 might take it differently.

If you pm some of the guys on gencoupe.com who had them, they might be willing to sell it... they get flamed for trying to sell it to other gen coupe guys.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm happy the way mine is. Even if you get a lil more, your still going to want more. Get a Genesis or something faster. Your car is what it is, huge spoilers, intakes and funky looking spark plugs aren't going to change that, nor is a crank pulley.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts