Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Im thinking of buying either a honda accord or a sonata. All the reviews point towards the accord....saying that the sonata is just a pretty face. Will someone who has driven both give me their thoughts?

thks

dive35

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had extensive experience with both,i have had issues with both
Accord- alternator fryed at 40000 and then the front shakes over 70 kmph ..major expenses .That car is being sold now.i have a 99 sonata the one before the current model.it fryed 2 window regulator and 2 wheel bearing covered under warranty.
btw, the sonata wasa 6 cylinder and loaded with everything and the accord with a base model 6 cylinder and cost 4k more.

but if u love the speed the accord will kill the sonata every where.....but them my motorcycle does 0-100 kmph in 3.4 sec and tops at 260 kmph so i use that for the speed bug

so you really cannot campare the accord to a sonata -apples to oranges.
i would go with the sonata personally accords i do not know they rub me wrong for a full loaded accord you can get a accura TSX or bmw 3 series or a mazda 6[ i know but i rode it in a track day and ti was a hoot]
satish

·
Registered
1 Posts
undefined I just purchased a 2004 new gls v6. I test drove Honda, Toyota,& Mazda. The sonota was actually a nicer and better looking car. I know Those other three have great names but it is hard to ignore the great warranty that Hyundai offers. I upgraded my warranty to 10/100,000 bumper to bumper and it only cost $999.00 more.The others could not come close in price if you compare option to option. Its gotta be good stuff to offer such a great warranty. As far as power, I have a corvette so I know when a car has power and this Sonata will FLY!!!
Originally posted by banditboy@Dec 16 2004, 08:09 AM
I have had extensive experience with both,i have had issues with both
Accord- alternator fryed at 40000 and then the front shakes over 70 kmph ..major expenses .That car is being sold now.i have a 99 sonata the one before the current model.it fryed 2 regulator and 2 wheel bearing covered under warranty.
btw, the sonata wasa 6 cylinder and loaded with everything and the accord with a base model 6 cylinder and cost 4k more.

but if u love the speed the accord will kill the sonata every where.....but them my motorcycle does 0-100 kmph in 3.4 sec and tops at 260 kmph so i use that for the speed bug

so you really cannot campare the accord to a sonata -apples to oranges.
i would go with the sonata personally accords i do not know they rub me wrong for a full loaded accord you can get a accura TSX or bmw 3 series or a mazda 6[ i know but i rode it in a track day and ti was a hoot]
satish
[snapback]3738[/snapback]​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts