Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radiator fan keeps coming on even though the engine is not hot.

Car is a 2007 Getz CRTD CDX+

The fan starts a few minuets after starting the car, way before the blue temperature light goes out.

The fan was cycling on and off every few minuets but today, its been coldest day for a long time, the fan never went off at all.

The radiator hose’s don’t even get warm nor does the radiator itself yet the car heater works fine.

Since the radiator doesn’t get warm can’t see that when the fan was cycling on/off it was due to the cooling effect.

Any ideas?

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (ABN @ Dec 3 2010, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376610
The radiator fan keeps coming on even though the engine is not hot.

Car is a 2007 Getz CRTD CDX+

The fan starts a few minuets after starting the car, way before the blue temperature light goes out.

The fan was cycling on and off every few minuets but today, its been coldest day for a long time, the fan never went off at all.

The radiator hose’s don’t even get warm nor does the radiator itself yet the car heater works fine.

Since the radiator doesn’t get warm can’t see that when the fan was cycling on/off it was due to the cooling effect.

Any ideas?

There are two situations where the radiator fan keeps running even when engine is "cool" or under cool/freezing conditions:

1) The radiator coolant level is too low.

2) The air conditioner compressor (A/C) is turned on.

If your coolant level is right and the air conditioner is turned off, and the radiator fan keeps running, I would suspect a temperature sensor fault (wrong reading).

Robert B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

Coolent level is full
Air con is off (have never actually used it)

So would leave a temperature sensor fault. Do you know where the sensor is located and is there a way to test (resistance change?) it before trying to replace it.

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (ABN @ Dec 3 2010, 11:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376652
Thanks for the reply

Coolent level is full
Air con is off (have never actually used it)

So would leave a temperature sensor fault. Do you know where the sensor is located and is there a way to test (resistance change?) it before trying to replace it.

Hope this helps. I don't know which engine your Getz has, but I guess this service manual pages applies to most of them.

[attachment=21667:GETZ_COO...ERMOSTAT.pdf]

Robert B.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check your sensor next to your air filter.

I've noticed once before that my radiator fan stays on if I remove the sensor.
It could be that yours is damaged or faulty.

Just check it and make sure, I'm almost 100% sure that it'll solve your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts