Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen other posts with this code, but didn't quite get how it was resolved. The same issues here with my 2011 Ltd 2.0T. Intermittent check engine light and gas pump shut-off. I replace the vent valve solenoid yesterday and reset the code. Check engine light came back on after about 10 miles. Anyone have luck resolving this issue?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Gas pump (filling-up) or fuel pump? Sometimes a faulty or leaking fill cap can cause this.

·
Registered
403 Posts
See code setting criteria from @sbr711 in this post: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/nf-2006-2010-sonata/128270-p0449-code-out-warranty-sonata.html. Without a more sophisticated scantool that can trigger tests on EVAP, you can look at a few simple things like gas cap, evap lines and charcoal canister itself. Intermittent sounds like you may have a vacuum leak somewhere (like the gas cap) in which case you want to build some tank pressure and smell around or get someone with a smoke machine to test the system. I'd start with the simple and cheap stuff first like gas cap and checking the lines.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Fella for most part in post 1 already diag'd part of his problem that leads to the 0449 Vent Circuit DTC

"gas pump shut-off" --- I assume by this we is saying that fill nozzle on station" pump shuts off premature when try to add fuel to car ??

This tells me right off the top the VENT CIRCUIT is restricted.. add fuel, displaced air in tank needs to vent, and it not venting.. first suspect be restricted EVAP Canister..

" I replace the vent valve solenoid" -- Clarify this part,, are we speaking of Purge Control Valve,, or the Canister Close Valve ??

I dont see anything in Post 1 to indicate any kind of leak that would need Nitrogen or Smoke.... Leaks carry 0442, 0456, 0455.. we have a 0449 Vent Circuit concern,, lets verify vent circuit.. I'm in for "restricted Canister" for a Happy Meal Alex...

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is what we need more of. Get everyone to throw out all sorts of random answers and whoever actually figures out (or stumbles) on the problem, gets a t-shirt. Whoever has the worst guess or starts going off on oil brand and/or filters they use because they're made with unicorn pee, gets one of my kids' poopy diapers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts