Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The on going strike is hurting the Korean plant craftsmanship

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  lovemysantafe 
#1 ·
I drove a rental Elantra for one whole month. It was powerful, quiet, smooth, comfortable, and feel like a much more expensive car. My wife and I liked it so much that we actually bought one before we returned the rental (same year, model, color...)

The one we bought was made in Korea, however. Compare with the rental Elantra which was made in the States, it has a lot more road noise, with a lot less power. Sometimes it is so dangerous that it stalls in the middle of the traffic. It just drives like a completely different car.

So, if you are in the market to buy a new Elantra, make sure its win number starts with a 5, instead of a K.

#2 ·
Trolling much?

#3 · (Edited)
Not really an appropriate statement.

The thread title is also quite a bit blown out of proportion.

To the OP. Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about inconsistencies between your rental and your daily driver. Overall it seems the quality is fairly equal for Elantra models made in USA and KR. Initially it seems (late 2010 ~ early 2011) the KR made cars had better fit and finish in some cases compared to their US counterparts before it leveled off. There will be a few random issues here and there with any batch of new cars.

With this being said take the car in for warranty service and inspections. Let the pros do their job and don't be shy to ask for a rental in the meantime.

#4 ·
+1 I honestly believe most workers make every attempt to do their job to the best of their ability. Does an occasional flare up occur? Absolutely. Does a disgruntled worker sabotage a component? You bet. But these are more the exception than the rule.

Deep down inside, every worker knows that their job security is directly proportional to the quality of their product and craftsmanship. Pride still accounts for something, I believe. I think it's inherently instilled in us at an early age. Just have to remember to draw upon those lessons from time to time.

#5 ·
The one we bought was made in Korea, however. Compare with the rental Elantra which was made in the States, it has a lot more road noise, with a lot less power. Sometimes it is so dangerous that it stalls in the middle of the traffic. It just drives like a completely different car.

So, if you are in the market to buy a new Elantra, make sure its win number starts with a 5, instead of a K.
Doesn't matter the make, model, product or company, an opinion such as yours solely based on a single occurrence cannot be taken seriously. Maybe start by asking if others have experienced similar problems with vehicles assembled at the various locations. Many issues have been discussed here and I cannot recall one example where point of origin was the common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.