Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere, that the Hyundai 'slanted H' badge symbolized Hyundai Corporate shaking hands with the consumer...If that`s the case, then I think it`s pretty clever, especially considering some other car makers` lame 'badges'...

Does anyone know the idea of the 'slanted H', or is that it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Google has all the answers...

but to save time..
Shape of the Hyundai Logo:

The Hyundai logo depicts an oval-shaped letter “H” from the company name “Hyundai”. It is a symbolic representation of the company’s desire to expand globally. The ovaloid shape represents the company’s global expansion. The slanted, stylized “H”, on the other hand, is suggestive of two people (the company and the customer, in particular) shaking hands.

Color of the Hyundai Logo:

The blue color in the Hyundai logo represents excellence, supremacy and trustworthiness.

Font of the Hyundai Logo:

The Hyundai logo features a custom typeface.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

but to save time..

The Hyundai logo depicts an oval-shaped letter “H” from the company name “Hyundai”. It is a symbolic representation of the company’s desire to expand globally. The ovaloid shape represents the company’s global expansion. The slanted, stylized “H”, on the other hand, is suggestive of two people (the company and the customer, in particular) shaking hands.

The blue color in the Hyundai logo represents excellence, supremacy and trustworthiness.

Isn`t Goggle wonderful?...The explanation above would indicate that Hyundai gave a lot of thought into the design of their Badge...Very clever..;)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts

but to save time..

Which of course may be nonsense - Hyundai started in 1947, two full decades before Hyundai Motor Company was founded as a subsidiary.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Which of course may be nonsense - Hyundai started in 1947, two full decades before Hyundai Motor Company was founded as a subsidiary.
Hence globalizing their company and wanting to add humanity to their company by the theory of shaking hands with the consumer.
C'mon Ruperts :beathorse:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You know that saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

I'm guessing you don't but please, give it a whirl sometime.

·
Registered
228 Posts
HMC was founded 2 decades later but Hyundai (or should I say founder of Hyundai, 정주영) has been in automobile business since 1940. and cmon, the current slanted H logo was introduced only about 20 yrs ago, and yes, the above Google info is valid.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
You know that saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

Actually that's a bastardized version of the original quote from Alice Roosevelt, Teddy's daughter who said:

"If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me"

and from her daddy the Pres :

"I can be President of the United States, or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly do both."

"There was a crooked man who walked a crooked mile he found a crooked H and he stuck it on his cars "

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would attribute your comment to Lack of Knowledge.

Hyundai was a conglomerate (read more about conglomerates...Mitsubishi is another example). They have subsidiaries which work & function independently, just like any other corporation with the difference of being mastered by just 1 parent.

Hyundai as conglomerate can have a different logo while its subsidiaries are free to choose & design the one that best suites their Mission and/or Vision.

Hyundai Motors have a different logo as compared to Hyundai Oilbank.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Sorry - didn't realise that myth was more important than accuracy - I'll keep my own counsel in future.
*sigh* :dry:

I have Chung Ju-Yung's biography 'Made in Korea' and it touches on the entire history of the company including the slanted H logo used on their cars. You are more than welcome to borrow it if you like.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If this is true about the Hyundai logo, and I have no reason to doubt it is so, I shudder to think what the two halves of the Honda "H" represent :unsure:

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
especially considering some other car makers` lame 'badges'...

This brings up a more interesting point: Which all logos you think are lame and have no meaning? It would be really interesting to know.
First of all, I never said they " have no meaning" as you said I did...(check my opening post)

It would be foolish to think a manufacturer would design a badge that had no meaning.

By 'lame', I meant that it was difficult to figure out what the 'meaning' is, and in my humble opinion, 'looked' lame...

Example: Toyota:

From 'Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'..

"The three ovals combine to form the letter "T". The overlapping of the two perpendicular ovals inside the larger oval represent the mutually beneficial relationship and trust between the customer and company, while the larger oval surrounding both of these inner ovals represents the "global expansion of Toyota`s technology and unlimited potential for the future."

I, for one, would never have gotten all that information by looking at their badge...

Then again, I have never been very good with the TV game show 'Jeopardy' either.

Others that (I) think look lame..Subaru...Infiniti...Mitsubishi...Buick, to name a few...Of course, again, that`s only my opinion.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've never thought of the meaning(s) behind the badges of auto manufactures. As long as they look like the belong, then I'm good. However, I did change mine in the Fe. LOL!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Subaru logo is representative of the Pleiades star cluster, which translates to Subaru in Japanese, hence the stars on the badge

Cheers
Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts