Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also was faced with the fact that I would be stupid to drive as much as I do without a spare.

I did find on ebay the tire/wheel and complete jack/accessory set up with the holder for what I considered a reasonable price, but after much thought I decided to can the OEM Hankooks (which I hated anyway) and step up to RFT tires.
I went with the Bridgestone DriveGuard and have been happy with my decision.

·
Registered
55 Posts
'HanksGarage' - I happened upon your comment after searching for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS spare tire. You're correct, JC Whitney was the best deal. Base price is up to $141.95. I found a 20% coupon, with free shipping, delivered to my door for $113.56. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The new spare tire is really solid, for a donut. Highly recommend the Dorman 926-021. Went to Home Depot and had them cut a 3' x 3' piece of floorboard, and have a nice piece to put over the spare and under the fabric ($8).

I've also found the added weight of the spare (30 lbs) makes the car less bouncy and rides much better. I'm thinking the car is designed to have that spare there, but the bean counters decided to save a buck by omitting it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So my daughter has a 2013 Elantra limited. If I am looking for a full size, what other hyundai model and years fit? So ican maybe hit ebay or junk yard so its not a needle in a haystack to find and theres more options. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
So my daughter has a 2013 Elantra limited. If I am looking for a full size, what other hyundai model and years fit? So ican maybe hit ebay or junk yard so its not a needle in a haystack to find and theres more options. Thanks

Oh man, I just sold my OEM spare tire kit for my Coupe last month for $40. Not sure why you would want a full size rather than the standard temp spare since you probably don't want to be driving on it for long.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

Any Hyundai 5 lug will fit. I have a Sonate spare in mine. Still a temp, but it's only in an emergency anyway.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Elantra 17", 16" and 15" tires all have about the same diameter and will work for a spare tire. The Kia 5 lug rims will also fit.
You can use any rims and tires that were originally on an Elantra or on a Kia Forte or Soul.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
some things i just dont want to cheap out on. i got a spare rim, and mounted one of the hankooks removed at less than 600mi for michelins. then i got an electric jack, cordless impact, and inflator. for both cars. i still have the factory reseal kit, and a couple cans of flatseal. i dont care if the flatseal destroys the tpms sensor, i will just buy a new one. being out in the boonies with a flat, and getting going with minimal down time is well worth it to me. i can always take the tools to the next car, and leave the rim/tire

21 - 29 of 29 Posts