Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if any of u followed my motor swap thread, you know i just dropped a replacement engine in my santa fe. that junkyard engine ran flawlessly, car ran great...until the transfer case blew up. was driving on the highway at 60 when then transfer case locked, causing the rear wheels to lock on the highway bringing the car to an abrupt stop, was in a construction zone so no shoulder, so hit the gas and the transfer case broke free (blew up) and i was able to limp it 45 miles home doing 40 mph. pulled out the rear drive shaft just so i can drive it until i got the new transfer case. drove fine again with the drive shaft out and 4x4 module disconnected. was driving to do some errands when i then collided head on at 45 mph with a honda civic. everyone was ok, other than some brusing, weird thing tho is that my air bags did not deploy and neither did the honda civic. the santa fe actually drove over the civic crushing the roof and the windshield of the civic. santa fe sustained damage to the front end crushing the core support and the radiator pretty badly. i will post some pictures later. the santa fe is currently in the impound, i will be getting it out tomorrow and begin dismantling the twisted metal. the car i hit had no insurance and no drivers license, so all repairs are coming out of my pocket. this **** santa fe must be cursed, here is my series of unfortunate events, original motor blows, 1000k later transfer case blows, followed by this accident, whats next lol, but at this point im not giving up on the santa fe, lol, this car is becoming a frankenstein car with all these different parts, but as long as i can keep her rolling, i will. Soon as i bring the santa fe back home tomorrow il get detailed pics of the damage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the car or fate is trying to tell you something. Did someone just say "let me go in peace..."?
none of my vehicles go peacefully lol, i will keep resurrecting this **** car until it either burns to the ground or sustains frame damage. (which i hope doesnt happen)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
So if any of u followed my motor swap thread, you know i just dropped a replacement engine in my santa fe. that junkyard engine ran flawlessly, car ran great...until the transfer case blew up. was driving on the highway at 60 when then transfer case locked, causing the rear wheels to lock on the highway bringing the car to an abrupt stop, was in a construction zone so no shoulder, so hit the gas and the transfer case broke free (blew up) and i was able to limp it 45 miles home doing 40 mph. pulled out the rear drive shaft just so i can drive it until i got the new transfer case. drove fine again with the drive shaft out and 4x4 module disconnected. was driving to do some errands when i then collided head on at 45 mph with a honda civic. everyone was ok, other than some brusing, weird thing tho is that my air bags did not deploy and neither did the honda civic. the santa fe actually drove over the civic crushing the roof and the windshield of the civic. santa fe sustained damage to the front end crushing the core support and the radiator pretty badly. i will post some pictures later. the santa fe is currently in the impound, i will be getting it out tomorrow and begin dismantling the twisted metal. the car i hit had no insurance and no drivers license, so all repairs are coming out of my pocket. this **** santa fe must be cursed, here is my series of unfortunate events, original motor blows, 1000k later transfer case blows, followed by this accident, whats next lol, but at this point im not giving up on the santa fe, lol, this car is becoming a frankenstein car with all these different parts, but as long as i can keep her rolling, i will. Soon as i bring the santa fe back home tomorrow il get detailed pics of the damage.
Well I've noticed in my life that bad things usually come in three's, so maybe you've had your quota.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't been online on a while but I wanted to give an update on the "cursed Santa Fe. After the transfer case blew up, I pulled driveshaft and just drove it like that FWD only. The Santa Fe was alot quicker and overall alot BETTER to drive with the rear driveshaft out. It was funny because the car looked like crap after the accident and now that she was FWD it was running really good, a whole new beast. 2 weeks after transfer case blew, someone smashed out passenger window stole all personal stuff out of it. That was the last straw. Drove it with no window for 2 weeks then wife traded it on a 2012 Mitsubishi galaxy. AWESOME car . Bye bye Hyundai probably my LAST Hyundai.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Opposite end of the spectrum here. 2004 3.5 Santa Fe that was my wife’s daily driver for 14 years.
Just turned 190k miles. Near perfect vehicle. Kept standard maintenance up throughout and replaced parts at recommended intervals. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Drove cross country last year and she didn’t even breathe heavy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts