Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, what is the component called that basically connects to the airfilter hose to the intake.....this : CD4D6249-F116-4C76-9368-4F491A815AB4.jpeg 6AEA4FEF-5156-48AA-8BCD-2FDF2FD683D5.jpeg <<<<This shows is a tiny corner of the air filter box the maf but the component in question connects here then to the motor. I have a black plastic bag tokeep out debris

·
Registered
916 Posts
I believe that is called a muffler. It keeps the air intake noise down when accelerating.....otherwise it would sound like a 4-barrel carb opening up. Throoooooowwwwp!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks.... Happy Holidays
But after a little more searching I’m 99.9% sure it is the Idle Air Control

correct me if I’m wrong plz

·
Registered
916 Posts
Generally the Idle Air Control is a valve that is electronically controlled by the ECM and mounted on the throttle body. That's just a hollow piece of plastic....unless I'm totally missing something.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I would call it a "baffle", although it sounds like I'm confused! :rolleyes:

Reactions: sony2000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I reuse the resonator? The air intake hose that it attaches to is the only thing that has dry rotted and split.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The official name is a Helmholz resonator and as has been stated it reduces intake noise helping the car pass the drive by noise emission test. And keep owners happy. It does bugger all for performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts