Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 hyundai elantra ...I rebuilt the transmission, put a new starter in at along with a new alternator.... but it wont start unless it's jump started. whats the deal? anyone know? Im not car smart!
Oh and supposedly my battery is new, it's been tested and they said it's fine... nd it isnt the problem....

·
Registered
42 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mellow:
Check de Motor ignition Point.

Regards

Selenico77

Originally posted by Sloth@Sep 22 2004, 10:46 PM
I have a 92 hyundai elantra ...I rebuilt the transmission, put a new starter in at along with a new alternator.... but it wont start unless it's jump started. whats the deal? anyone know? Im not car smart!
Oh and supposedly my battery is new, it's been tested and they said it's fine... nd it isnt the problem....
[snapback]1296[/snapback]​

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might want to check the battery cable too. I was having the same problems with my '97 Elantra. New battery, new alternator, new cable ends and still no starting. I took the car to a mechanic fried and the first thing he said was to check the cables. Sometimes the break just from age. Mine was broken in hale and i could not tell because of the cable covering. Try that and good luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does it want to crank over at all, with the original battery in it before you have to jump it.
Are your ignition lights bright or dull.

Because the first thing that I can think of if you have to jump start it is that the battery has failed.
Was the battery load tested, beacuse the battery can hold voltage but have very low cranking amperage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts