Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a recent purchaser of a 2 year old Hyundai i10 1.2 Premium, with only 2,000 miles on the clock, I would like to say a big thank you to all that have asked, and answered, questions on here. They have been a great help in answering my own questions, even though going through all the 24 pages has taken over 4 hours, and I didn't even read all of them :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Gavin, welcome to the forum!
I have myself just recently moved on from a 1.2 Premium, but it was a fine little car for the 3 years we owned it from new. If I could have got a decent price for my old Saab, I can assure everyone we would have kept the i10 as a second car for me, but the i10 was worth more to us on the PX trade in against the new Vitara, so sadly we let it go.
Anyway, at least you didn't have to trawl through 136 pages since we split the forum into 1st and 2nd Gen cars, otherwise you'd have been reading for days lol!
Though I'm no longer a Hyundai owner, I'll keep popping my head in and hopefully if you need any answers to questions, the 'regulars' here will try and help.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks frupi, I had noticed your name in a lot of the posts.
The only slight negative that I have about the car is the lack of volume on the indicator signals, (which has been mentioned several times in the previous posts), and when the indicators don't cancel automatically, it is easy to miss the warning light for a few seconds, which could result in other drivers, cyclists, or pedestrians, being unsure of the driver's intentions. I am now starting to get into the habit of manually making sure the indicators are cancelled after every use, just to be sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Gavin and welcome. The indicators I find too low in volume as well. I'm sure something can be done, but I don't fancy digging around in the electrics while the car is under warranty. I usually hang on to the indicator lever when exiting roundabouts and flip it off myself. Most times it self cancels turning left, but funnily I seem to miss the non-cancelling when the wife starts gassing then she tells me about the indicators. Not much to complain about with the car it's a city car and performs that function very well in my opinion. If I was doing long regular journeys I might have formed a different opinion though. I drive differently to a lot of people now and with the automatic I very rarely exceed 3,000 rpm with a relaxed easy drive and the hardest thing is getting in and out on my steep drive. Your one with 2k on the clock is pretty unusual so I hope the service schedule has been kept up for you with the warranty. There's a 15 reg 1.2 premium on sale at the moment with 55k on the clock and they want over 7 grand for it. I know which one I prefer so hope you get a good experience and with another three years warranty to should be fine.

Reactions: Longshot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts