Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a dumb question, but I don't know where else to find information to help me. My sonata has the TEXT mode button on the sound system to read MP3, so I made a CD with MP3 songs, and filled in all the information because I wanted to see the name of the song, etc, etc...however when I put it in all that comes up is Track 1. I edited all the properties of the files.... Am I using the wrong file format?

I feel like I'm making a small mistake, but I don't know what it is....

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sorry not to respond to your specific problem however, I use a USB drive and plug it into the port inside the console. The .mp3 files are in one of the folders on the USB drive and the system finds them without much problem. I recommend you switch to a USB drive as there isn't anything mechanical to wear out or fail as opposed to using the CD drive to play music. I'm using a 4GB drive though I've heard others have problems reading larger drives than that. I can edit the files on the drive and it displays details about each song such as title, artist, genre.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (sonata_dude @ Jun 21 2010, 12:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334958
So this may be a dumb question, but I don't know where else to find information to help me. My sonata has the TEXT mode button on the sound system to read MP3, so I made a CD with MP3 songs, and filled in all the information because I wanted to see the name of the song, etc, etc...however when I put it in all that comes up is Track 1. I edited all the properties of the files.... Am I using the wrong file format?

I feel like I'm making a small mistake, but I don't know what it is....

Thanks
Before you burn the cd, edit the ID3 tags of the mp3s with something other than Windows Explorer/Media Player... I wouldn't recommend using the built in Windows cd burner or using Windows Media Player, they both suck balls @ burning.
I haven't tried this personally, but here you go... Simple ID3-Tag Editor

·
Registered
30 Posts
just itunes and when you burn it as long as you choose mp3 i have never had a problem, but just dont expect the cd to play in another car that does not have the same compatibility friends ask to borrow my cds, and ill get it back the next day and while laughing at them they tell me it wouldnt work

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just a thought:

I believe mp3 tags have different versions. Is it possible the program you used to fill in the tag information was storing it in a newer version that your Sonatas system could not read?

Also did you change the actual names of the files themselves and not just the ID3 tags?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.