Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took a nice spin in a silver/black SEL yesterday. Rides very smoothly and steering is great. It handles turns very well; not as top heavy as my ‘19 Santa Fe.

My favorite things noted were the fantastic sound of the base radio and the fact that the touch-sensitive dash buttons were easily viewable.

Negatives? The only things I didn’t like at first test were the roar of the engine when floored and the slightly narrow seat for my 210 frame. I could live with both problems, however. I do like to hear an engine, but this sounded excessive and almost like an artificial engine sound. A turbo engine would be my choice, but is not available. A half-inch wider seat would have been much appreciated.

If I do buy one it will be the Limited model to get the ventilated leather seats. I could care less about a sunroof.

Today’s test drive will be a Benz GLC 300.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-line, 2011 Sonata GLS
44 Posts
PMCErnie, since you have been in the Tucson, how would you compare interior room vs. the 2021 Santa Fe (assuming that you may have sat in one)? Or even in your '19 Santa Fe. Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PMCErnie, since you have been in the Tucson, how would you compare interior room vs. the 2021 Santa Fe (assuming that you may have sat in one)? Or even in your '19 Santa Fe. Thanks
According to my post above I drove the new Tucson. 🤣

Well, or course it’s smaller everywhere and the front seats are narrower. Headroom is good in front.

What’s your height and weight. I’ll tell you if you’ll love it, or not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
According to my post above I drove the new Tucson. 🤣

Well, or course it’s smaller everywhere and the front seats are narrower. Headroom is good in front.

What’s your height and weight. I’ll tell you if you’ll love it, or not.
Haha, 6'1", weight too much (thanks lockdowns), 260, gonna lose 20 at least. As reference the narrow Sonata N-line seats with their aggressive bolstering are just a touch tight which will abate once the weight is gone. Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, 6'1", weight too much (thanks lockdowns), 260, gonna lose 20 at least. As reference the narrow Sonata N-line seats with their aggressive bolstering are just a touch tight which will abate once the weight is gone. Thanks
I think the Santa Fe is your best bet at your size. My ‘19 Santa Fe is just perfect for larger human frames. Every time I drive it I marvel at the seating comfort. Yesterday I drove a Mercedes GLC 300 and it was nowhere near as comfortable behind the wheel as my Santa Fe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the input, I'll have to reconsider the Santa Fe. I was just wanting the better mpg and price of the Tucson.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the input, I'll have to reconsider the Santa Fe. I was just wanting the better mpg and price of the Tucson.
The Santa fe is great, I am also 6'1" and 260. I sat in a 2022 Tuscon and thought the room was fine. I feel you need to go try both for yourself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Santa fe is great, I am also 6'1" and 260. I sat in a 2022 Tuscon and thought the room was fine. I feel you need to go try both for yourself.
That's the plan. Awhile back I briefly sat in the passenger seat of a '20 Tucson and it seemed pretty spacious. The new one will be even more so. Local dealer has their first one coming any day; sounds like there is a long list of people waiting to take a look. I'll be in line.

·
Registered
239 Posts
How is the digital instrument display to see when driving in bright sun? Does it get washed out?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is the digital instrument display to see when driving in bright sun? Does it get washed out?
Very good, although I do prefer the higher “top of dash” location of the Santa Fe’s Nav screen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Drove a white SEL w/convenience & premium packages and it was all I was expecting or hoping for. The cabin is spacious and plenty big for my size (6'1, 260), lots of legroom and the seats are comfortable. The overall larger size is quite evident when compared to the previous year.

The ride and handling was also very comfortable without being marshmallow soft. Visibility is good, especially forward and to the sides. As noted in a prior post, the AVN is in the dash, not stuck on top, which makes it lower. Some may not like it that low but it didn't bother me, and on the plus side the screen is easier to reach.

This had the 2.5 NA engine and it seemed to have adequate power, though I would like the extra power of the hybrid with the 1.6T and electric motors. I did not push it hard but it easily merged uphill and got up to highway speed with no fuss.

For me this '22 Tucson hits the sweet spot; not too big or too small, easy riding and maneuverable. Now to find a white Limited Hybrid with gray interior...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drove a white SEL w/convenience & premium packages and it was all I was expecting or hoping for. The cabin is spacious and plenty big for my size (6'1, 260), lots of legroom and the seats are comfortable. The overall larger size is quite evident when compared to the previous year.

The ride and handling was also very comfortable without being marshmallow soft. Visibility is good, especially forward and to the sides. As noted in a prior post, the AVN is in the dash, not stuck on top, which makes it lower. Some may not like it that low but it didn't bother me, and on the plus side the screen is easier to reach.

This had the 2.5 NA engine and it seemed to have adequate power, though I would like the extra power of the hybrid with the 1.6T and electric motors. I did not push it hard but it easily merged uphill and got up to highway speed with no fuss.

For me this '22 Tucson hits the sweet spot; not too big or too small, easy riding and maneuverable. Now to find a white Limited Hybrid with gray interior...
That’s great that you like it and it seems to fit you. Just curious, though, did you ever test out the comfort of a Santa Fe? I do like the Tucson, but the Santa Fe is much more comfortable for my 210 frame. By the way, the leather seats are a touch more comfortable than the cloth ones. You may already know that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That’s great that you like it and it seems to fit you. Just curious, though, did you ever test out the comfort of a Santa Fe? I do like the Tucson, but the Santa Fe is much more comfortable for my 210 frame. By the way, the leather seats are a touch more comfortable than the cloth ones. You may already know that.
I have no doubt the Santa Fe seats are larger and more comfortable. I just like the smaller exterior of the Tucson. And the lower cost. And the better mileage.

If I were anticipating multiple 1000+ mile trips, the Santa Fe would be the way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts