Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It's a credit to any taxes you owe. Don't owe taxes, don't get credit.
Financially only makes sense if the higher cost is offset by the federal and state credits.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It seemed faster, especially at lower speeds. Despite it being hundreds of pounds heavier.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh my god... smashes face into keyboard
every conversation with my husband is like the one y'all having above. We're both talking, no one listening...lol

But seriously, is it a rebate or a tax credit?
Credit Karma says they are different: Here's a link to full article:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Registered
191 Posts
every conversation with my husband is like the one y'all having above. We're both talking, no one listening...lol

But seriously, is it a rebate or a tax credit?
Its a tax credit! You don't have to owe anything for tax credits to apply as long as you paid enough in taxes that year, which depending on your withholding means you'll likely get a refund like usual. This is no different than any income tax credit. There is nothing special or unique about this.

I don't know why I keep falling for this trolling... Understanding Federal Tax Credits for Electric Cars | Capital One
How does the electric car tax credit work?
The federal electric car tax credit is an incentive to encourage Americans to buy hybrid and electric vehicles by lowering the up-front costs of buying one. This program started in 2009, when the Internal Revenue Service Code Section 30D started offering a credit for “Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles including passenger vehicles and light trucks.” Based on battery capacity, you could receive a tax credit of up to $7,500.1
Today, the electric car tax credit provides a dollar-for-dollar reduction to your income tax bill.2 That means that a $7,500 tax credit would save you $7,500 in taxes. This could show up as part of your refund or as a reduction of the amount of taxes you would otherwise pay. Your tax professional can help you understand the difference.
This has to be how domestic violence incidents start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum. Put a deposit here in Canada for a PHEV estimated 2-3 month wait. I have a 2019 Kona turbo so this is quite a different car for me. I was only able to test the hybrid. To the original post: how did you find the PHEV acceleration on electric mode? Anything else stand out on the test drive?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Where was this at with the massive markup?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Los angeles dealer. it was very quiet since it stayed in ev mode at greater speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car market prices are insane, I went to purchase a PHEV Limited today in NY. 44k MSRP, Dealer was pushing 50k!! I could not get a reasonable price for the vehicle and ended up walking out. I'm not desperate (yet) for a new car and I have a firm grasp on the worth of the automobile! The Tucson PHEV Limited is a really great car, but not a 50k car!

What I don't understand is the salesmen informed me they are flying out of the lots for that price... Who, What!! At the end of the day who needs a car that badly they are willing to pay MSRP or more? Are all consumers panic buying cars right now? even with a shortage customers still, drive market price... where is the demand? or is it just all a dealer-driven hype bubble?

I told the salesmen that I'll see him when the bubble bursts which I strongly believe will be by the summer of `22.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
805 Posts
I told the salesmen that I'll see him when the bubble bursts which I strongly believe will be by the summer of `22.
Actually you would have told him you'll see another salesman at another stealership when the bubble bursts

Reactions: Kevin77

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
48 Posts
Who, What!! At the end of the day who needs a car that badly they are willing to pay MSRP or more? Are all consumers panic buying cars right now? even with a shortage customers still, drive market price... where is the demand? or is it just all a dealer-driven hype bubble?

The supply shortages are turning out to be far more pervasive than initially projected. The most recent market projections I've seen are that recovery will likely take till some point in 2023. Though if things do recover in 2022 you certainly won't hear me complaining.

Demand is abnormally high due to the number of people returning to work and beginning to travel again as things reopen. According to JD Power, car sales in the first half of 2021 were the highest on record. So yes, a perfect storm of low supply and record high demand. If you can afford to delay a new vehicle purchase for a couple years, it's probably the wise thing to do.

Sadly, if you need a car you often need a car, as it's hard to hold a job or function in American society without one.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts