Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
In another life, so did I. And I was always looking for guys like you that were looking for guys like me. For now? I'm done. The turbo'd Sport doesn't have enough bells and whistles to satisfy my discriminate tastes.

Nothing against the Sport, but why would I care to "trade down?" But find me a LOADED white 2016 Genesis Coupe? With black leather guts AT?? Oh, yeah. Hmm...my knees just might weaken enough to buckle under the pressure.

That's it. I'm putting this friendship to an end! :mad:

:D

Notice, I said, ONCE I SAT in a Genesis. He was all set to grab a plate, but I declined, saying I had to pay for the Accent first. When that's paid off... :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm so glad my sales guy hasn't called me back. I'd definitely like a black auto with the tech package, but I don't want to give up the Camaro just yet.

Let us know how the test drives went okie!

·
22,787 Posts
I'm so glad my sales guy hasn't called me back. I'd definitely like a black auto with the tech package, but I don't want to give up the Camaro just yet.

Let us know how the test drives went okie!
i didn't make it to the dealership, yesterday. :angry: Honey-do list got in the way. And oldest son's 44th BD yesterday afternoon.

But I AM going at the beginning of this week. I'm taking a vacation week before I say "Hasta la vista, baby" at the hospital. Decided that I needed some time off before I get busy doing all that retirement stuff.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
@enzia35 - Got a Costco membership? When you're ready to let go of the Camaro, try using their car-buying service. No negotiating, haggling, etc.
Good advice...but here's one better --> obtain the Costco price/ AAA/ True Car (whatever program that's out there) and use that as the price to negotiate below whatever cost was shown to you once you go to another dealership to negotiate pricing. All of the companies listed above have to be paid up to $500 from the dealership just for using their program.

Personally I rather save time with all the dealership BS by paying that extra $500 just to Save time from the haggling experience/ hidden dealership extras (fees and whatnot) by using one of the mentioned services above.

Costco use to give a cash card to people that wrote a review back in the day. Wondering if they still do that.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Wow, wish they had that turbo motor a few years ago, or better yet that they had added a turbo and GDI to the 1.8L. That would have been a nice combo in my Coupe :) (or in any of the sedans, actually!) Sadly, Hyundai tends to err on the conservative side.

Sadly, no more coupes (heck, not even a Genesis Coupe!), and I'm in the mood for something that has some actual power to go with the show (still love the lines and looks of the '13 Coupe!). Next best thing I think is the Mustang Ecoboost Fastback, practically the same cost as a decked out Sport! Warranty? Meh, I'm barely at 29K on my Coupe, haven't had any issues with it. Figure that's pretty much the same for any new cars these days, they aren't built to fall apart in a year. Plus, hey! It would be buying American, right?

·
22,787 Posts
Wow, wish they had that turbo motor a few years ago, or better yet that they had added a turbo and GDI to the 1.8L. That would have been a nice combo in my Coupe :) (or in any of the sedans, actually!) Sadly, Hyundai tends to err on the conservative side.

Sadly, no more coupes (heck, not even a Genesis Coupe!), and I'm in the mood for something that has some actual power to go with the show (still love the lines and looks of the '13 Coupe!). Next best thing I think is the Mustang Ecoboost Fastback, practically the same cost as a decked out Sport! Warranty? Meh, I'm barely at 29K on my Coupe, haven't had any issues with it. Figure that's pretty much the same for any new cars these days, they aren't built to fall apart in a year. Plus, hey! It would be buying American, right?
Don't be a hater: I found a new, untitled, 2016 Casablanca White Ultimate Gen Coupe. All 348HP. AT, loaded, loaded, loaded. I haven't bought it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
618 Posts
When you test drive allow the engine to get to operating temperature. I've had the chance to drive the Sport a few times now. Just did so while work was winding down today. Much more lag and not much torque until the little motor is at temp.

I'm pleased with the steering feel and even the DCT off the line in sport mode. Traction control likes to sap all the fun under full throttle in first.

You can definitely break the tires loose mid corner or off the line going straight, even with the DCT. I'm strongly considering getting one...but I only owe 11k on my Sonata SE now. May have to wait until nursing school is done. For whomever I was supposed to look up red seat belts for, my parts guy told me they are not the same part as the Elantra.

·
22,787 Posts
May have to wait until nursing school is done. For whomever I was supposed to look up red seat belts for, my parts guy told me they are not the same part as the Elantra.
Red seat belts? That sounds like something @Freeway Surfer would do.

Nursing school? You? If so, congrats. Honorable profession. In Oklahoma, an ICU or recovery room nurse can knock out $75-80k/yr...working three 12-hour shifts a week. Beats working bell-to-bell at a dealership 6 days a week. Takes a special breed of human to handle car sales for a career.

Takes an even MORE special breed of person to become a nurse. Opposite ends of the "Special Spectrum."

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Don't be a hater: I found a new, untitled, 2016 Casablanca White Ultimate Gen Coupe. All 348HP. AT, loaded, loaded, loaded. I haven't bought it...:rolleyes:
Naw, not a hater :) I still respect what the Elantra represents. I'm older and don't have little kids so no need for rear doors/back seat utilization (well, except for extra storage space). I drive mostly alone, and only once in a while with a passenger.

And yes, I liked the Genesis Coupe but I still think the Mustang is a better deal. 310HP/320lb.-ft of torque from a 2.3L, that's some real turbo power. If I wanted raw muscle I'd look at a GT with over 400hp, but I don't need that much power. Plus the new Mustang just looks so good now, traditional ponycar with hints of Euro sports styling. I was hoping the Genesis Coupe would evolve into something more exotic, but that last iteration is just too Celica-ish as far as the styling goes. Now for an interesting coupe design, there's the Veloster Turbo, but it's just too small, I checked it out when I was shopping for my Coupe.

·
22,787 Posts
@SpeedRacerXT: That's me. Older, no kids. So, shoehorn the Gen Coupe's 348hp 3.8 into the Sport...add back in all those missing luxuries that's found in the Ultimate, and I'm at the dealer's front door waving my checkbook at his window and beating on his door hollaring, "Let me in!" :grin2:

Looked at the Mustang GT's at the car show. And they ARE nice. I'll give them that.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts