Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
From what I understood, that section will be used by the Hybrid trim. I do not like the circle with a line through it, kinda draws attention to it as a non-functioning section of the IP IMO.
I have done some searching around and haven't found that information. On one review I read, they said that it is just a "Hyundai" decoration....really? Surely they can make that into something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Test drove a limited yesterday. Impressive car. Comfortable seats. Having a difficult time deciding if I want to go with a brand new limited elantra or a heavily discounted ioniq...

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
From what I understood, that section will be used by the Hybrid trim. I do not like the circle with a line through it, kinda draws attention to it as a non-functioning section of the IP IMO.
The “circle” will be used in the N-line trim, as a drive mode selector. There’s a video on YouTube reviewing the N-line. Very interesting, but stupid! Now what can we put there to cover it in the rest of the Elantra line? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
The “circle” will be used in the N-line trim, as a drive mode selector. There’s a video on YouTube reviewing the N-line. Very interesting, but stupid! Now what can we put there to cover it in the rest of the Elantra line? Any suggestions?
Here’s a picture of the N-line dashboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why not use that on the other trims that have drive modes? It can't cost that much and it would be nice to see at a glance.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wow that seems totally idiotic. Reserve a sizeable space of the instrument display area for only 1 trim level of your car, which is going to not even be the trim level with the most units produced? So the vast majority of your customers have a dead space?

It makes me think they actually had other plans for it originally, but something in their plans changed midstream.

I guess displaying drive mode universally is as good of use of it as I can think of right now.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Update: Only the automatic will get the circular drive mode selector, which one reviewer has compared it to a clown’s nose! The manual N-line will get the decorative circle. Another faux pas in an otherwise great looking car. I even like the grab handle! Hopefully someone will come up with something nifty for the dummy circle.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts