Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEL model for 2021 was driven with a dealer.
The ride, the response, the quietness was all fantastic.
Really good response times on the pedal
Brakes felt very good, and a bit easy to press, but brakes very well.
Ride was very steady, didn't feel any over steering at all.
2.0L engine was on par. It had really good pickup at a stoplight, and was very quite

A little surprised at the 'BAR' between the front seats, seemed weird to me, and didn't get any good info
on why its there.

Something I didn't like however, is the tachometer is on the RIGHT and the Speedometer is on the Left of the
main cluster. I didn't find a way to change that either. But there was options to change the colors of the display.
The cluster in the SEL is a 10.25 inch color LCD screen. And looked very good.
Another issue is, the GAS gauge and the TEMP gauge are on the bottom of the tach, and speedo. However the
colors are not that great, and could get lost when glancing at the display.
Of course in the center of the Tach and Speedo is the information screen, with many, many options.
The seats are a little narrow (front seats are anyways) Backseats look great. didn't get to set in them.
The vents are a bit smaller, and are in a better postion. (I think) They blend in to the dash design too.
The infotainment center, I didn't care about it. Just looked bland to me, but, its OK.

Also, just a side note. Go take a test drive! you'll get a $50.00 gift card for doing it.
I'd be interested in seeing what you're take is.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looking at the pictures, I really like it overall, looks-wise. Yeah i wondered about that bar between the seats too? I liked the look of the 10 inch infotainment display on the Limited. I did not like how the 8 inch infotainment looked , in terms of the how they did the buttons along the sides of the screen. I guess the buttons are maybe too thin and there is too much empty space between them and it looked kinda cheap to me.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
i am also looking forward to a test in the limited hybrid. our 2020 sonata has the identical dash/info, so we are well used to the setup. too bad the elantra does not have the hud, it is really nice. we also like the ventilated seats. i just hope it is not too big, our 2016 elantra is ok, but the sonata takes up a lot of the garage space. also really curious about the ride and noise. the sonata is excellent in both. the supposed 195lb/ft torque is the same as our sonata, but we have never driven a dual clutch car before, and i keep reading a lot of negative posts about the dct trans. hope hyundai has solved it

·
Registered
190 Posts
SEL model for 2021 was driven with a dealer.
The ride, the response, the quietness was all fantastic.
Really good response times on the pedal
Brakes felt very good, and a bit easy to press, but brakes very well.
Ride was very steady, didn't feel any over steering at all.
2.0L engine was on par. It had really good pickup at a stoplight, and was very quite

A little surprised at the 'BAR' between the front seats, seemed weird to me, and didn't get any good info
on why its there.

Something I didn't like however, is the tachometer is on the RIGHT and the Speedometer is on the Left of the
main cluster. I didn't find a way to change that either. But there was options to change the colors of the display.
The cluster in the SEL is a 10.25 inch color LCD screen. And looked very good.
Another issue is, the GAS gauge and the TEMP gauge are on the bottom of the tach, and speedo. However the
colors are not that great, and could get lost when glancing at the display.
Of course in the center of the Tach and Speedo is the information screen, with many, many options.
The seats are a little narrow (front seats are anyways) Backseats look great. didn't get to set in them.
The vents are a bit smaller, and are in a better postion. (I think) They blend in to the dash design too.
The infotainment center, I didn't care about it. Just looked bland to me, but, its OK.

Also, just a side note. Go take a test drive! you'll get a $50.00 gift card for doing it.
I'd be interested in seeing what you're take is.
Did you notice if the smaller vents put out enough air. One of the things I like about the previous generation was you got a good blast of air

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are much lower on the dash, and put out a good amount of air. The day I drove, it wasn't hot out, and only had the fan on lvl 2.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am also looking forward to a test in the limited hybrid. our 2020 sonata has the identical dash/info, so we are well used to the setup. too bad the elantra does not have the hud, it is really nice. we also like the ventilated seats. i just hope it is not too big, our 2016 elantra is ok, but the sonata takes up a lot of the garage space. also really curious about the ride and noise. the sonata is excellent in both. the supposed 195lb/ft torque is the same as our sonata, but we have never driven a dual clutch car before, and i keep reading a lot of negative posts about the dct trans. hope hyundai has solved it
This car has the CVT, and will not have a DCT. Only the N-Line will. Or you'll be able to opt out for a manual.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't understand the circle with the horizontal line in the middle of it, on the left side of the instrument cluster?

As was mentioned about the Hybrid, i hope they made some changes to the DCT. I have a 2015 Sonata Eco with the DCT. I haven't personally had issues with mine but I have very low mileage. I have read too many horror stories about them after too many miles, etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It also shows in the head on picture. I'm not sure what that was for either. Maybe they were going to put a vent there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't understand the circle with the horizontal line in the middle of it, on the left side of the instrument cluster?

As was mentioned about the Hybrid, i hope they made some changes to the DCT. I have a 2015 Sonata Eco with the DCT. I haven't personally had issues with mine but I have very low mileage. I have read too many horror stories about them after too many miles, etc.
From what I understood, that section will be used by the Hybrid trim. I do not like the circle with a line through it, kinda draws attention to it as a non-functioning section of the IP IMO.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Or maybe they are going to have one of those ways they simulate a computer mouth when its talking. A screen with a line that changes into mouth shapes when talking to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This car has the CVT, and will not have a DCT. Only the N-Line will. Or you'll be able to opt out for a manual.
I've had my 2021 Elantra 3 weeks and noticed it is considerably quiter than the previous gen. Much less road noise and no noticeable wind noise , I found the 2020 had alot more wind noise and road noise , so the new generation has gotten quieter.
also I find the fan in the climate control is also quieter. not sure what is the purpose of the three stage auto fan setting, I found on low and medium it took too long to heat up so i end up manually turning the fan speed up, maybe it's different for cooling in the summer with AC? I find I need to set the temperature to 24 and use the high auto fan setting.

·
Registered
2021 Elantra (Preferred Tech) - 'lectric Blue
2 Posts
Great looking interior. That bar may be the "oh sh*t" handle.😁
I have been driving the 2021 Elantra for almost a month now. Though I did not hate the strange bar running from the dash to the center console, it did bug the sh*t out of me as to it's functional design. (beyond, as preposed, just being an extra 'holy sh•t!!' handle ;))

A rather smart friend of mine came up with the best theory yet on it: in my previous Hyundai, a funky little 2013 Accent, to switch into "manual" shifting you pushed the shift paddle AWAY from you - so towards the passenger side. The NEW Elantra does a similar thing BUT you PULL the paddle towards you... so to the LEFT.

By theory, if you have a passenger who likes their "Leg Spread Zone" to be rather wide they MIGHT just accidentally bump the shift paddle to the left and into 'manual' mode.

True, that situation wouldn't really cause much of an emergency - but this is the best theory on the 'deluxe low-angle holySh*te!' bar's reason to exist.

This ahem! is MY theory. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also have no guess as to the bar's function, but it creates a claustrophobic feel (especially for the passenger). One of the things that led me & DW to the E when I bought my '17 Limited was the more open feel of the cabin vs others in this class. Sorry to say, overall I much prefer my '17's interior to the '21.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wondering if there's a steel bar in there, under all that plastic.
This could be a roll-bar type thing, protecting the driver and pax from a crash a bit more.
Who knows. Sure would like for Hyundai to explain it though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts