Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find the part of the thread where everyone had been talking about test driving the 2013 HSH so I figured that I would start a new one.

I went to my dealership today to get the oil changed and one of the salesmen talked me into going for a test drive in the 2013 HSH. When I was driving it actually felt as if it had a lower performance than my 2011. I must say that I was in blue drive on the test drive and I always drive my car in black so maybe that was the difference and I was busy talking with the salesman and didn't think about selecting black drive while we were traveling down the road.

I also test drove the 2013 Azera. Man do I love that car! Lots of great features...all of the electronic seats and things that I would love to see in the HSH....cooled seats, HID headlights, etc. If they ever come out with that in a hybrid I will really consider buying one.

As to the test drive, well, my car has too many miles on it...5 years worth of miles on a 2 year old car so I didn't get as good an offer as some of the rest here but I am still very pleased with my 2011 HSH!!

Chuck

·
Banned
694 Posts
Originally posted June 10th:
Recently, I drove a 2013 Hybrid from Bob Dunn Hyundai in Greensboro, NC and immediately observed that the drivability issues with the earliest hybrids were resolved.
I repeatedly experienced smooth starts in city traffic with a cold engine on a car with single digit mileage.
In Blue Drive. Traded for it June 12th.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I was working at the Port of Portland when the first HSH models hit and I remember they sat in the back forty for months with engineers from Korea showing up from time to time and tinkering with one or two for days on end. When we finally got to drive them, I remember how unimpressed I was and how herky-jerky it was so it's nice to see the driveability has improved.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
A while ago I was at my dealer to get some warranty work done so I went to the showroom and spent some time chatting with my salesman and they had an Equus on the floor. I couldn't believe I was sitting in a Hyundai, the same manufacturer of my 1986 Excel, 1999 and 2007 Accents. It really felt like a top end BMW or Benz. He was telling me how incredibly quiet and powerful the ride was too. It is just amazing how far this car company has come. Even during down economical times, they never laid anyone off while many other companies were hurting real bad. Even though I have had my share of issues with the hybrid, I still am happy with the company and how I was ultimately treated.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I also test drove the 2013 Azera. Man do I love that car! Lots of great features...all of the electronic seats and things that I would love to see in the HSH....cooled seats, HID headlights, etc. If they ever come out with that in a hybrid I will really consider buying one.

Chuck
I don't know why Hyundai has not incorporated more of what Kia has put in their Optima Hybrid like;

Tach
HID headlights
Power passenger seat
Cooled Seats
Heated steering wheel
Power folding outside mirrors

I think the Optima Hybrid beats the Sonata Hybrid in features for about the same price except they don't offer a lifetime battery warranty. I think Hyundai has more dealers than Kia for service though.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Traitor! Kia Troll! JK, :)
It's all in the Hyundai family. Just trying to get them to wake up to what we want in the HSH. They share between each other kinda like Ford and Lincoln.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Kayan, I almost became a Kia troll myself. There is a Kia dealership 2 doors down from mine and I almost took a walk down there just to see what the Sorento felt like. I may still do it but I'll tell you, if Hyundai will make a hybrid out of the Azera they will have a sale!!! It's even more comfortable than the Sonata! Though, unlike Vinny, I couldn't bring myself to sit in an Equus....my bank account would have had a coronary just for me to even consider that!! LOLOL!!!

Chuck

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Well Kayan, I almost became a Kia troll myself. There is a Kia dealership 2 doors down from mine and I almost took a walk down there just to see what the Sorento felt like. I may still do it but I'll tell you, if Hyundai will make a hybrid out of the Azera they will have a sale!!! It's even more comfortable than the Sonata! Though, unlike Vinny, I couldn't bring myself to sit in an Equus....my bank account would have had a coronary just for me to even consider that!! LOLOL!!!

Chuck
I sat in one and I felt like I needed to tip them.:)

·
Banned
694 Posts

Chuck
I agree; the Azera would also give the Avalon Hybrid some real competition.

Since even Car and Driver thinks Hyundai has worked out the kinks with the hybrid power train, we should see more hybrid models available pretty soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well Kayan, I almost became a Kia troll myself. There is a Kia dealership 2 doors down from mine and I almost took a walk down there just to see what the Sorento felt like. I may still do it but I'll tell you, if Hyundai will make a hybrid out of the Azera they will have a sale!!! It's even more comfortable than the Sonata!
Coming from my previous car being a 2008 Subaru STI with plenty of performance, I find the HSH Limited to be an almost perfect fit for my expectations of luxury, functionality, and a smooth quiet car. As for the Equus, it doesn't entice me much. If I wanted a car like that, I'd go buy a BMW and at least get the name on my ride :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Coming from my previous car being a 2008 Subaru STI with plenty of performance, I find the HSH Limited to be an almost perfect fit for my expectations of luxury, functionality, and a smooth quiet car. As for the Equus, it doesn't entice me much. If I wanted a car like that, I'd go buy a BMW and at least get the name on my ride :)
Hyundai is a BMW, Audi, Lexus in sheep's clothing. I tried to buy stock in it 3 years ago but it was only available on the Korean Exchange. I had to settle on buying Apple - oh well.:)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hyundai equus receives autopacific’s top billing in the luxury car category

Hyundai is a BMW, Audi, Lexus in sheep's clothing. I tried to buy stock in it 3 years ago but it was only available on the Korean Exchange. I had to settle on buying Apple - oh well.:)

AutoPacific must have read my post and took a closer look at the Hyundai.;)
Now Hyundai you can park one of those in my driveway.

Newsroom - Hyundai Motor America

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
"The Equus beat out some tough competition that included the Lexus LS, Lexus GS, Cadillac XTS, Audi A6 and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class."
It is absolutely incredible how far this car company has come from the days of the Excel. Much can be learned by the American car companies by following Hyundai's path to success.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Kayan!!

I'm an old fa.....er....guy, and just don't bend and fold like I used to. I do love my HSH but there seemed to be a little more room and comfort in the Azera than the HSH. It seemed to me like it was easier for me to get in and out of the Azera as well and some of the extra amenities are very nice. Living in Florida gets a car very warm and the chilled seats would be fantastic to have. The Azera has almost everything that I had put on my wish list a couple of years ago when Tom brought it all up.

Hyundai...you want to sell me a new car? Make the Azera a hybrid!!!

Chuck

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hey Kayan!!

I'm an old fa.....er....guy, and just don't bend and fold like I used to. I do love my HSH but there seemed to be a little more room and comfort in the Azera than the HSH. It seemed to me like it was easier for me to get in and out of the Azera as well and some of the extra amenities are very nice. Living in Florida gets a car very warm and the chilled seats would be fantastic to have. The Azera has almost everything that I had put on my wish list a couple of years ago when Tom brought it all up.

Chuck
Toyota did it with the Avalon so come on Hyundai make us a Hybrid Azera.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Kayan!!

Chuck
You got me here. Chilled seats and electric passenger seat adjusting would be AMAZING, especially since leather on skin = sweating. I'm not arguing against having those extra features; I guess I just upgraded from a powerful/bumpy ride to a smoother/fuel efficient one and it has been amazing so far.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You got me here. Chilled seats and electric passenger seat adjusting would be AMAZING, especially since leather on skin = sweating. I'm not arguing against having those extra features; I guess I just upgraded from a powerful/bumpy ride to a smoother/fuel efficient one and it has been amazing so far.
I had the Genesis with all the options...but MPG's won me over. Dang I miss that car but my wallet loves this one!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Howdy Kayan!

You did well upgrading to the HSH. It is a fantastic car and despite all of the updates and fun issues that some of us have had to go through, overall I think it is an excellent car.

I think the only other car that I have ever had that has been more luxurious than this was my 1974 Mercury Marquis Brougham. That was a boat and a half but smooth and comfortable to drive! Drank like a pig and when gas went to $.50/gal I was dying! LOLOL! Oh for those days again! LOLOL!!! I think I could fit a dozen in the trunk and working on that 460 cu in engine was so easy! 4 BBL Carter carb. It was fun to drive! LOLOL!!

Chuck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts