Hyundai Forums banner

Teslas go Boom Boom

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  pewans92 
#1 ·
#2 ·
All E.V.'s in general are all Dangerous they can catch fire, many people dont know this but if you have a accident many people dont realize if theres a electrical failure or anything goes wrong you cant simply open the door and get out of an E.V. because there electronic computer has to let you out, that works the doors its not like the regular vehicles

that have a mechanical rod between the latch and handle why? how is this legal? and why? is it being allowed? cant they simply have a mechanical rod connected from the latch to the door handle like all the normal cars have.? how much waite are they saving really??? unbeleiveable folks. now Tesla's have an overide button switch to open the door from the inside that's good but other E.V.'s you have a computer that takes a dump you cant get in or get out. how are these vehicles Safe?? i had to make people aware of this

#7 ·
it would worry anyone i suspect some of these E.V. fires could be caused by damage to the underside of the battery causing it to overheat and catch fire there was a video going around about how someone in there E.V. ran over a sewer top while driving in a construction zone person stated he heard a loud thump but didn't make anything of it later that day he went to a chargeing station for a fast charge and his car it cought fire.! fire department put it out when fire

chief investigated he noticed a tear rip on one far left corner on the underside of the bottom of the car his quote was the puctured damage could of caused or contributed to the overheating of the battery wich cought fire. i cant find the video on it anymore its gone.? and why? are ioniq batterys so expensive compared to tesla battery"s that range from $5-$20.000 only difference is ioniq battery comes from korea so when you buy a hyundai ioniq your buying the battery not the car. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
not only can they catch fire but if you happen to bottom out an E.V. to where it hits something in the road and punctures the battery that sits on the floor of the vehicle and damages it its now a "right off" from Your insurance company its happened already to a few people in canada the media will keep this hidden from You & me. just like all the fire ocurances you never hear about..

#6 ·
Many E.V. fires are covered up by media take a look at this story how lies were told. & again they have no skid plate underneath the floor of them 8'th of an inch of plastic is what protects it the battery.!! under the floor of the vehicle. you bottom one out and puncture the battery its a right off from your Insurance..this is just one of many reasons i hate E.V."s

#8 ·
there is a big cost difference on batt replacement when looking at both until these e.v.'s become safer and more afordable and with a actual belly skid plate i wont ever get one. i will say one good thing i have read so far and that is charging times have gotten alot shorter 20 minutes at 80% full charge useing fast charge.

#9 ·
Just a FYI" useing a fast charge all the time to charge any E.V. shortens the battery life.
slow charge is the way to go if one wants an E.V. Battery to last & yes i agree there should be at least a quarter inch skid plate under the carriage to protect it. you would think they would of thought of that already? especially when it ruptures a battery or cause a fire insurance

company's pay. but the rest of us do so too.. in higher premuims & many independent shops dont even want to work on any E.V. for fear of "liability reasons"... regardless i would never think of getting one its the dumbass worse vehicle ever though out its a long shot from being any kind of practical safe commuter to put my family in.