Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in our terracan club we have 6 terracans with the same issue :

on cold mornings the doors wont open while clicking on the key... so you open the door with the key..then the alarm goes on and cannot be disabled by the code....the car wont start also...

in order to start it we bridge the start relay(brand new) and turn the key...

anyone experienced this? or knows how to solve it?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,116 Posts
OK...I'm waiting.

avisitor said:
how does that deal with the alarm issue?
Well, if your using an aftermarket locking kit to lock/unlock the doors you wont be using the factory remote which isn't working when it's cold for some reason. If your not using the factory remote the factory alarm wont arm. And if the factory alarm isn't armed the start inhibitor wont be armed either, so the engine will crank without bypassing any relays.

Yeah, I know that means the factory alarm isn't protecting the vehicle but the Hyundai factory alarm is a bit of a joke so it's not much of a loss, IMHO. And the start inhibitor is obviously pretty useless too when the OP can easily bypass it. A Terracan will likely have a transponder key immobilizer anyway, so nobody is going to start the engine without the ignition key.

Yeah, a $10 remote locking kit seems like a simple, cheap solution to the problem.
But if you want the extra security of an alarm, just buy an aftermarket remote alarm which will almost certainly come with a built in locking interface....and glass protection, which the factory alarm doesn't have.

·
Registered
142 Posts
How about removing the central locking / alarm fuse.
this is in fuse box under bonnet - 2 fuses clipped together remove 10 amp one [nearest front]
manual locking only!
also see -
insert the key, put to ignition but don't start, wait for the alarm to stop, then turn the key to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I've also had this problem this winter when weather was cold.
It appearead that I left the remote on a pocket outside of my vest, so the remote electronic was cold and did not function. I suppose that the quartz oscillator that gives the frequency or a condensator doesn't like the cold. I had to warm the key with a hand dryer in a store and ran to the car before it came cold again.
So in winter I store the key in a warm pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts