Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Guys.

Hope someone can help me here.

I have previously replace (bought 2nd hand) the transfer on our terracan because of rattling noise inside. After attaching the replacement, the noise is gone but the the car can only go upto 60 kph with acceptable rpm (without pushing the engine too much). It can still go higher but the rpm will also go high as well, which I thought will make issues on the car. I tried rebuilding the transfer case many times and there was a time when I had successfully made the speed go higher ( shift to higher gear) but then, the chain started slipping as it was already loose. I replaced the chain 2 weeks back and the speed issue again occurred. I had checked the transfer case output shaft rotating gear sensors (availae for both rear and front) which I thought helped worked previously ( 3 sensor cables were shorted), but I found the cable insulations still intact.

Hope somebody can help me on this as I miss running this car on the road.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes..It seems like that. Do you happen to know which position of the transfer case fork shifter is the high or the low? My encoder is currently not moving so I changing the fork shift position (attached photo) by rotating and locking it by vice grip. The fork shifter is currently in upper position. I tried bring it down but the gears are grinding inside.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts