Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My Terry 2005, 2.9crdi, auto and 4wd auto is giving more power to the rear wheels in normal conditions. I observe when accelerating harder with front wheels steered to right/left that the rear wheels are a little bit sliding.
I am not sure if something is wrong or not. I have driven awd and 4wd auto before and none have had this kind of behavior. This behavior is characteristic for 2wd mode but as my terry is a 4wd auto I believe it should not do like that...

What is your experience?

4wd is working ok, I have been in offroad conditions and it gives power to the front wheels. Also low range is working ok.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi the Terracan is 2WD delivered to the rear wheels unless 4H or 4L selected so shouldn't be driven on dry roads in 4WD or you will wind up the diff, the terracan is known to a bit tail happy when wet on roundabouts hope this helps Andy

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (alx @ Oct 7 2010, 07:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361719
Hi guys,

My Terry 2005, 2.9crdi, auto and 4wd auto is giving more power to the rear wheels in normal conditions. I observe when accelerating harder with front wheels steered to right/left that the rear wheels are a little bit sliding.
I am not sure if something is wrong or not. I have driven awd and 4wd auto before and none have had this kind of behavior. This behavior is characteristic for 2wd mode but as my terry is a 4wd auto I believe it should not do like that...

What is your experience?

4wd is working ok, I have been in offroad conditions and it gives power to the front wheels. Also low range is working ok.

Thanks for your help!

As I understand from your post, your Terracan has auto transmission.

This means that it also has An Active Torque Transfer case to distribute power to rear and front wheels. Auto transmission terracans are equiped like this.

The ATT (Active Torque Transfer) will distribute power to mainly rear wheels but will also send some power to front wheels when the vehicle senses some rear wheel slippage. This is normal behavior when driving in normal AUTO position (transfer case). When you switch to LOW, then the ATT will lock power to 50/50 front/rear and will also engage low range (power).

The ATT uses a central differential to distribute power to front/rear axles. When in LOW, this central differential is locked.

In short words, your Terracan is performing as it should. No problems here.

Robert B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts