Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me here. Being a clumsy idiot and helped by the way too big gap and lack of an effective seal round the hand brake lever on my 2005 Terracan, I have managed to drop an item (unfortunately one of some value) down into the depths of the centre console :(

I can't believe I'm the only one to do this, so has anyone found a quick way of removing one of the plastic panels to get access to the area round the base of the handbrake lever? The rear panel (the one that incorporates the rear passenger ashtray etc. looks as if it is a seperate moulding, but I can't figure out how it is removed by anything other than brute force (I'm hoping to put it back together again afterwards, so I would prefer a more subtle approach if possible :) )

Any help will be appreciated and if you have the relevant diagrams even better!!

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't want to open a new thread, so, can someone point to how do I remove the upper-central console (i.e. this plastic panel that has Air-Conditioning controls in it, radio and etc). I don't see any nuts/bolts anywhere and I don't want to blindly pull the panel.

Thanks.
PS The vehicle is Terracan CRDi 2006, luxury model (with those wood-like panels).

·
1,462 Posts
I don't want to open a new thread, so, can someone point to how do I remove the upper-central console (i.e. this plastic panel that has Air-Conditioning controls in it, radio and etc). I don't see any nuts/bolts anywhere and I don't want to blindly pull the panel.

Thanks.
PS The vehicle is Terracan CRDi 2006, luxury model (with those wood-like panels).
This is an easy one. No drawings needed.

Just pull out ashtray. Grab ashtray and pull in a single yank out the whole thing. The center fascia panel will snap out but the AC panel and radio head unit will remain inside. When you get the top of the panel out, reach behind and disconnect two or three wire harness plugs that go into the corresponding switches.

There are no screws or bolts holding this. Just the metal clips on the sides (snap clips) which are very strong.

When reinstalling, don't forget to plug back the wires behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts