Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi maybe somebody can help me with this one.
Both of the dash lights are on for the 4wd system and i have no overdrive on the gearbox working because of this.I have read a few posts and have removed the motor from the gearbox and done the spinning of the drive in the top of the motor.No joy.
I have tested the motor off the car and it works fine when connected to a battery.I have checked all the fuses and still no joy.I have plugged it in and I have two faults showing being an intermittent brake light switch and mass air flow meter showing low intermittent.
I have ordered a new brake light switch and a mass air flow meter.
Does anyone know what else this could be and what other checks I can make.
Thanks in advance Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update in case others have the same problem.I have pulled the fuse for the transfer case and I now have overdrive back.So my problem must be the electrics in the case on the back of the transfer case motor.So I will be changing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update

Just an update in case others have the same problem.I have pulled the fuse for the transfer case and I now have overdrive back.So my problem must be the electrics in the case on the back of the transfer case motor.So I will be changing that.
i asked Hyundai dealer here to try it on mine and it has solved my problem. i now have use of O/D and can turn it on and off. i have however lost 4WD and they(Hyundai service) have refered me to an auto elec to fix the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking some help with the same problem please. Which fuse do I remove and where do I find it. Also were you able to get a permanent fix to still use 4x4? Many thanks. Lachlan

·
Registered
2005 CRDI Terracan Auto
6 Posts
Just in case you are still needing an answer...I had the same problem a few years ago, auto electrician cleaned the sensor and all good. It started happening again a few weeks ago so when parked and idling I just turned the switch a few times between each setting, leaving it on each setting for a minute or so, it took a few goes doing it over a few days and it has stopped. A different forum had the answer for cleaning the sensor and when it did it again I read on the same forum that it is to do with the contacts getting 'clagged up' especially if 4WD isnt used much (I never use it) so thought I would try with the switch before paying for auto electrician to do it again :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new here and checking on potential problems that it come up, any chance to can link to the other forums that have helped you out with this problem? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts