Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi maybe somebody can help me with this one.
Both of the dash lights are on for the 4wd system and i have no overdrive on the gearbox working because of this.I have read a few posts and have removed the motor from the gearbox and done the spinning of the drive in the top of the motor.No joy.
I have tested the motor off the car and it works fine when connected to a battery.I have checked all the fuses and still no joy.I have plugged it in and I have two faults showing being an intermittent brake light switch and mass air flow meter showing low intermittent.
I have ordered a new brake light switch and a mass air flow meter.
Does anyone know what else this could be and what other checks I can make.
Thanks in advance Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update in case others have the same problem.I have pulled the fuse for the transfer case and I now have overdrive back.So my problem must be the electrics in the case on the back of the transfer case motor.So I will be changing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update

Just an update in case others have the same problem.I have pulled the fuse for the transfer case and I now have overdrive back.So my problem must be the electrics in the case on the back of the transfer case motor.So I will be changing that.
i asked Hyundai dealer here to try it on mine and it has solved my problem. i now have use of O/D and can turn it on and off. i have however lost 4WD and they(Hyundai service) have refered me to an auto elec to fix the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking some help with the same problem please. Which fuse do I remove and where do I find it. Also were you able to get a permanent fix to still use 4x4? Many thanks. Lachlan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts