Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have just bought a new Terracan 2.9 CRDI Deisel automatic, which is a new model here in Australia and I was wondering if other owners can advise how they find there vehicle and what if anything to look for as possible faults on the vehicle.

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Mike,

100.000Km (100KKm).
Gas, oil, some water, timing belt change (planed at 90KKm), a pair of front brakes (I dont know the English word for pastilla de freno). A defective ABS sensor replaced in 5 minutes.

That is all.

Spanish user are, in general, very happy with "your" car.

Saludos cordiales desde Madrid.

junav
www.clubterracan.net

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same car now 30000 miles up no probs at all except slight noise from rear diff , Hynudai looking into this. I drive it 7-8 hrs a day at high speed uses 1 litre of oil to 10000 miles returns steady 28mpg great car best SUV I've had

happy motoring, Hammy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mike

Had my Terracan CRDi Highlander Auto with Trek 'n'Tow Kit 7 weeks and done 6000 km. Smooth running thus far. One staked tyre in the desert only problem. removed third row seats - I don't know why they bothered, nearly everyone removes them! I run it on 20% biodiesel mix and get 27 mpg or 9.56 Kpl or 10.46 litres per 100 Km around the city and around 34 mpg or 12 Kpl or 8.3 litres per 100 Km in the country...assuming my calculations are correct.
Cheers
Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
crdi auto highlander :picked up mine in April. Loved it from the beginning, so smooth! Similar fuel economy as above. This vehicle is a sensational towing machine. I have been towing 2.5 tonnes of boat 3,200kms each year with a series of Discoveries which I trhought were good but the Terra is in a league of its own in every aspect of towing : fuel cons. 7.5mpg inDisco vs 18mpg in Terra, driver fatigue, tail wagging the dog, torque, safe travelling speed 80kmh vs 100.

I have put it through its paces in 4wd and the ground clearance is the only issue but not such a problem if river crossings are not anticipated. On the beach it is best to let the tyres down before trouble strikes as it goes down pretty fast and digging it out is required, which is no drama in itself. 15 psi on the tyres is the go, and then it goes anywhere. The clunking of the TODD is a bit disconcerting until you get used to it. I cant wait to get some decent tyres for it and then see what it will do on slippery muddy hills.

Best points: wife loves it - easy to park, easy to enter/exit, drives like a limosine not a 4wd.

Cheers :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts