Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sonata has 150k on it and the tensioners have gone bad 3 months now. This AM i got a flashing check eng. light and the car runs rough. Any relation or am I looking at plugs or coil issues? Any help ia appreciated!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (jerrysonata @ Oct 21 2010, 09:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365145
My Sonata has 150k on it and the tensioners have gone bad 3 months now. This AM i got a flashing check eng. light and the car runs rough. Any relation or am I looking at plugs or coil issues? Any help ia appreciated!
At that mileage it could be anything from plugs, to clogged injectors, to tensioners (serpentine belt and/or timing chain), to sensors, etc. Need to find out what codes are being thrown by ECM before proper diagnosis can be given.

·
Banned
335 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, its a big job but depending on who you talk to its either catastrophic or the car will run forever with it. Dealer price for tensioner replacement and new chain + labor is about 1400/1500$s. still cheaper than a new one

·
Banned
335 Posts
You should be ok, and did you see all the fine print in that TSB. Unless you say the right things

Hyundai will not fix your Car. In one TSB you have to leave your Wife or small child overnight at the shop.

What if they misplace them? In any case it was covered til' 60K, and might be considered until 100K, although I doubt it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anything you need a law degree rather than a good mechanic to figure out is a fools mission. Nothing against all the lawyers out there!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (jerrysonata @ Oct 21 2010, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365145
My Sonata has 150k on it
Ok...

This AM i got a flashing check eng. light </span> and the car runs rough.
Did you have it scanned to know which of over 120+ codes you might have ?

Any relation or am I looking at plugs or coil issues?
Did you replace the IRIDIUM plugs at about the 100,000 mile mark ? Scan it and see what the PCM has determined the problem circuit(s) to be, then go from there.

Any help ia appreciated!
<span style="color:#FF0000">Need codes for that MIL ...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, no scan yet - as I said earlier though it did clear up and no flashing light. I will get it scanned though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts