Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and decided to register and ask a question.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the location of the coolant temp sender, one wire for the gauge on these early accents. I have an '11 with out a temp gauge and absolutely hate it, I like info. I see that the '06's and some '07's had a gauge and I can order a temp sender thru work for them. Just not sure where they are located. There appears to be a plug in the right rear corner of the head, can any one verify on the earlier ones that this is the location? Or point me in the right direction?

I know I can buy the kits to cut into to rad hose but I'd rather utilize the factory location. I believe a 2" gauge will fit nicely in the spot to left of the wheel just above the fuse panel. Looks like there would be switches mounted for fog lights or something there. Not the most convenient spot but it's visable and wont stick out like a sore thumb. I've settled on a pro comp gauge that match's the factory gauges pretty well.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one yet has been able to deny or confirm this? Might just have to do some deeper digging in the spring on my own car and do a write up....

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
Try this thread, hopefully that will help.

The factory gauge in the earlier MC models was only marginally more useful than the idiot light. Those with the newer Accents aren't missing much.

You could also just get a ScanGauge or similar for an easy way to add a temperature gauge.

·
Registered
548 Posts
+1^ with the ScanGuageII option, that's definitely one route to take. Use it as a gauge but it doubles as a code reader and reads most vehicles up to pickup truck diesel codes. They run about $160USD on average retail.

I don't know the exact location of the sender off hand but I posted a pic of what it looks like. They are usually located near thermostat or its housing always in the head area. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Don't bother with the OEM stuff. They are glorified idiot lights.

The Ultra-Gauge is about $60 and a very useful OBDII reader with a 6 PID readout on three pages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm NOT going to use the factory gauges, as I said I'm gonna use an aftermarket gauge which is plenty accurate for what I want to do. Just looking for the temp sender location for the factory gauge because that would probably be the easiest spot to stick my own in. The one pictured above is a 3 wire for the computer, and that one I found, should be a single wire one somewhere on the cars gauges.

Ultra gauge doesn't interest me for the scan capability, I already have my own thats OBD1/OBD2/CAN capable.

Thank you all tho, once we get out of this deep freeze were in I'll do some poking around and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
They make heater hose adapters to mount senders in. This one is for a 5/8" hose.

Auto Meter Radiator Hose Coolant Adapters 2280

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw those and I may go that route if i can't find the port in the head. I'm wondering if mounting the sender in that spot would cause the gauge to show cool until the thermostat opens and then peg when it does open..

Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
The heater hose should have what ever temp is flowing through the motor all the time.

The coolant temp sender is located under the two pipes coming off the t-stat housing. But the ECU needs this so you can't just replace it. It is in a terribly hidden place too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts